Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter clean idea

Kevin kiernan

Obviously this would only benefit detached houses, or semi detached at a push.

But the other day i was cleaning out a gutter. As well as cleaning the outside...it was windy as hell, i had to go up a ladder, clear gutter, clean gutter, dry with microfibre... Up and down the ladder.

Anyway i thought there must be an easier (not so much quicker) (or vice versa) way ofcdoing things!! So i decided it would be a good idea next time to go up the ladder , unclup the gutter, bring it down, and clean it on the ground. Then take it back up and clip it back on?

Saves the amount of time yiur up the ladder reducing time shitting ursrlf the ladders gunna fall cause you havent got urself a ladder m8 yet?

Obviously this would only benefit detached houses, or semi detached at a push.
But the other day i was cleaning out a gutter. As well as cleaning the outside...it was windy as hell, i had to go up a ladder, clear gutter, clean gutter, dry with microfibre... Up and down the ladder.

Anyway i thought there must be an easier (not so much quicker) (or vice versa) way ofcdoing things!! So i decided it would be a good idea next time to go up the ladder , unclup the gutter, bring it down, and clean it on the ground. Then take it back up and clip it back on?

Saves the amount of time yiur up the ladder reducing time shitting ursrlf the ladders gunna fall cause you havent got urself a ladder m8 yet?
yeh i do think someone else on here said they would do that..but....you have to be careful as some can be a ba stard to refit...and they may break easy.....best to just smurf the price and do it the old fashioned way...ie get more money!

its a dirty job but someone has to do it.../emoticons/smile.png i had to mend one gutter and the brackets nearly broke my hand trying to get them back together........

Cnc is right, they can be a sod to re fit, I even had one which I repaired, and I struggles for about half an hour just to get one clip back on. I ended up using a pair of fencing pliers. Also, years of weathering can make the plastic brittle and they become very easy to break. The problem with gutters and gutter repairs is not the cost, but the messing about driving to get parts. You're luck if you have a shop local, but I'm a bit in the sticks here. I keep a few old scraps from other jobs in the van like brackets, and couplers but thats about it.

i be the work dodger but on one house he had three dodgy leaking joints and all he did was put a bucket underneath to catch the leaks...

..the ones on the front began to cause penetrating damp so it was turning serious so i put a price through just to see if he wanted them fixing and of course he snapped my hand off especially as i said i would throw in a free gutter clean too.

.i was very lucky as i knew what had happened ...with all the muck in the gutters and the last couple of real freezing winters, the frozen muck had expanded and pushed the joints apart and i took a bit of gamble that all i needed was to push them all back together...and lucky for me that was the case, i think i have mentioned this in a previous post...but these were real swines to get the clips back god knows how they had come undone as they were really tight....the first one i tackled promptly shot off into a fish pond...and it was bloomin cold that pond..some brackets are easier than others but i wouldn't think it worth the risk or hassle....:sad:

Back