Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Request for Mr Gardiner

AGlassAct

I've cleaned a very odd conservatory today that had removable finials on top, I couldn't get access to do them by hand (pitched and no room around the Conny to strategically place a ladder) and I couldn't do them with my usual brushes as I couldn't 'detail' enough without one of the bits popping off ( which it did! )

What do you think the demand would be for a detailing brush with the quick connect system? - I got by today but it's not the first time I have had to mock up a detailing brush with tyraps and PVC tape.

See attached pictures

I couldn't clean under the top section either which was full of cobwebs, moss and the like and this brush was thin enough to get under to clean them bits too.
22ff52e1a0444fca03f0fb9d488bf7bd.jpg
7dcf8927284e9916e43d471f5bb8f4ad.jpg
989aac923c73c998e2feef67bd876a12.jpg
6fcaa8d419e9fa630ee87ecaf0564365.jpg

What do do think MR G?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've cleaned a very odd conservatory today that had removable finials on top, I couldn't get access to do them by hand (pitched and no room around the Conny to strategically place a ladder) and I couldn't do them with my usual brushes as I couldn't 'detail' enough without one of the bits popping off ( which it did! )What do you think the demand would be for a detailing brush with the quick connect system? - I got by today but it's not the first time I have had to mock up a detailing brush with tyraps and PVC tape.

See attached pictures

I couldn't clean under the top section either which was full of cobwebs, moss and the like and this brush was thin enough to get under to clean them bits too.
22ff52e1a0444fca03f0fb9d488bf7bd.jpg
7dcf8927284e9916e43d471f5bb8f4ad.jpg
989aac923c73c998e2feef67bd876a12.jpg
6fcaa8d419e9fa630ee87ecaf0564365.jpg

What do do think MR G?

/emoticons/biggrin.png

We've tried several types of small brushes over the years, but I have never thought of a brush that shape TBH. You need to fit a jet on the top.

I have found that the Gardiner Extreme does a pretty good job of getting under the cresting so I've never bothered since the Extreme came out.

I have also found the sill brush does a pretty good job of those finials, but the secret is not to push against them.

-

I could modify something easily enough, but if enough of us could use one then the market would push for one to be made.

I tried my flocked sill brush which is the softest brush I have and it was still too much for these. The green was on too stubborn for me not to be able push on, I would have been stuck up the ladder all day! I've never come across such a design to be honest and the only way to do it was with the adapted brush and a little tickle as I could manoeuvre the brush all around it to detail without touching the ones either side. A few of them seemed to want to push the top section off as well to separate the finial into two parts. I've learned a lesson with this one as it took twice as long as it should have. What do you use to get under the top section then Spruce? I don't own a brush with long enough filaments to poke all the rubbish from

under it and the nature of these polycarbonate roofs means I won't 'jet' too much water under there just in case the sealant isn't 100%.

I've found the extreme brush works as its thin. You do need to turn your flow down to a trickle incase the seal isn't good as you've already mentioned. We alway check inside the conservatory for anything that might get wet.

I think in the majority of cases any minor leak will run down the inside of the roof rather than drip onto the floor.

In the past we tried many different long bristle brushes but with little success. On one conservatory the only solution for me was using a squeegee on a pole to get the muck out and finishing it with a small cloth wrapped around it. We don't clean that house now as the previous tenant moved out so no longer an issue.

We spray the finials with UBIK and that seems to make the job easier.

We only do a few regular conservatory cleans now as I've tended not to promote them. I have too much work and don't like cleaning them.

-

I spray Virosol to make life a bit easier, can't imagine it shifting at all without it to be honest. I'm not the biggest fan of conny cleans but when it's raining constantly it's a nice little side earner for me.

Cheers all!

I have had to bodge up all kinds of stuff, a rag on the end of a pole tied/taped on to get into little bits etc.

Just one of those things, not sure its worth having a specific tool for each thing as you will probably never use it again.

Hi AGlassAct

I think your solution looks very professional /emoticons/wink.png I will bear this in mind with future brush development.

We do have some new brushes in development which should be ideal for cleaning such tricky parts on conservatory roofs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have another question for you Alex have you considered a bumper for the sill brushes.

Thanks.

Den.

Hi AGlassAct
I think your solution looks very professional /emoticons/wink.png I will bear this in mind with future brush development.

We do have some new brushes in development which should be ideal for cleaning such tricky parts on conservatory roofs.
Also apologise to hijack a thread, just wanted to ask about my backpack. I've had it a couple of years but it only gets used about once every couple of weeks. Sometimes when I switch it on, it buzzes quietly but doesn't push any water through. I have to give it a knock near the switch and it will suddenly start working properly. Other times it works perfectly. Anybody help please?

Also apologise to hijack a thread, just wanted to ask about my backpack. I've had it a couple of years but it only gets used about once every couple of weeks. Sometimes when I switch it on, it buzzes quietly but doesn't push any water through. I have to give it a knock near the switch and it will suddenly start working properly. Other times it works perfectly. Anybody help please?
Loose connection?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have another question for you Alex have you considered a bumper for the sill brushes.
Thanks.

Den.
I have - however they would be a very difficult shape to get a bumper to stay on - this is why it has not happened.

We are working on a completely updated Sill brush though, which we hope to release in September. This one will probably not need a bumper due to its new design.

It could be a loose connection or a sticking pressure switch.

If it is the pressure switch try spraying it with some switch lubricant (Servisol Super 10 switch cleaning lubricant 701.100 UK Wholesale Buy from a leading uk wholesaler, importer and trade supplier)

Cheers Mr Gardiner, quite happy for you to use the idea!!!! The brush I used is probably 15 years old and the angle is just right so it will be a sad day when it finally has to retire. Time is money and if I am having to spend 5 minutes adapting something then spending £25-30 on a bit fit for purpose is a great investment.

Another thought from my job today - gutter tools, the acme thread adaptor you do for the pro tools is useful, but would a fully moulded quick lock adaptor mounted tool be an option for the future? We all use these tools, and probably use the adaptor too - but I find them fiddly to get on and get the angle right. If a solid moulded one could be clipped directly to the socket - with four way rotation - well, it's stuff dreams are made of..... I'm all for making things more efficient and I reckon I could have saved 20 minutes today flouncing about at the top of a ladder screwing & unscrewing it to get it the other way !!

Back