Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hose do i take the risk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

receved my new wcw 100m hose to day now do i keep using the old till it springs a leak:eek: or do i change it b 4 :rofl: the outer casing is riped in a lot of places so im unshore how long it will last:D i no there is nuffing worse than bing half way throu a job them bam the hose springs a leak an u get the dreded loss of pressure :mad: ???? just not shore what would u guys do

Wait for the leak, get ya money's worth :thumbsdown:

If it splits during work, just wrap some electrical tape round it with some ptfe inside the tape, then when home get ya fresh hose on :thumbsup:

Although you probably can't resist getting the hose on now, so my guess is you'll get giddy and put it on anyway :rofl:

There's a tape called Kraken tape that will fix it. It seals all sorts of stuff: hoses including high pressure hose, hot water, even gas, etc. Great stuff (I don't work for them!)

think ill leve the old stuff on and just use tape to get me out the jam when it does spring a leak i like to get my moneys wrth:D alltho im iching to try the new hose G-):rock:

If you leave it on I bet you keep "accidently" keep catching it on things, sliding it along sharp edges and maybe after a few days if is still going strong "accidently" fall on it with a stanley knife in your hand haha /emoticons/biggrin.png

Talking of leaks, my orange PU hose decided it was going to die today. Freekin leaks all over the shop at the points where I kink it to stop the flow. I must have wrapped 6 or 7 loads of electrical tape round the holes. I had to put me phone in another pocket as that side of my shorts were getting drenched full on.

I also have been waiting for old hose to die, it just wont quit, got a shiny new 100m of yellow mini bore here ready, then Evistevie commented on color branding your gear and made me jealous with his RED powder coated ladders so now I've had to order 100m of GREEN mini bore hose instead! /emoticons/sad.png

Keep it on and use the tape.

Ive got a bit of a leak on my wfp trolley, the connector from the hose to the red hose is leaking, and i cant seem to find a spare on gardiners website, anyone know where i can buy one?

What one do you use? If you mean ez-snap connectors or whatever they are called, then they're on gardiners webby somewhere /emoticons/wink.png

Yeah, little black ones, i would take a picture, but im out. I looked all over the wensite, couldnt find it or i gave up, i will have another look

Oh yeah I think I know the ones you means, I just got some more, took me ages to find them too, think they are in the john guest section? Search for 5mm connector and they should come up :clap:

had disaster last week had my hose pulled over road

quiet village never gave it any thought

some young doylum drives along dont know how he managed it

driving opposite direction of van caught the hose ripped it off reel

never stopped

ok main thing nobody was hurt , what a bang i was at back off house

i thought he had caught hose and ran into some car with the bang it made

the hose and reel knackered but lucky me was going to replace both any way big leason learned

down side wintecs poor service this week waited over week for new reel

had disaster last week had my hose pulled over roadquiet village never gave it any thought

some young doylum drives along dont know how he managed it

driving opposite direction of van caught the hose ripped it off reel

never stopped

ok main thing nobody was hurt , what a bang i was at back off house

i thought he had caught hose and ran into some car with the bang it made

the hose and reel knackered but lucky me was going to replace both any way big leason learned

down side wintecs poor service this week waited over week for new reel
Did you have your hose laying across the road to work on the other side?

receved my new wcw 100m hose to day now do i keep using the old till it springs a leak:eek: or do i change it b 4 :rofl: the outer casing is riped in a lot of places so im unshore how long it will last:D i no there is nuffing worse than bing half way throu a job them bam the hose springs a leak an u get the dreded loss of pressure :mad: ???? just not shore what would u guys do
This may come as a bit of a shock :eek:.....but I hate parting with money (unless I'm in the pub) /emoticons/biggrin.png....

Most of the worse wear'n'tear on my 100m hose was within the first 40m....the rest was like new....

so I unwound the hose and swapped the ends around (pole-end now reel-end and reel-end now pole-end)....it's like having a new hose :thumbsup:....

....the money saved has gone into 'My-Me-Time Fund' :cheers: :thumbs: .

Back