Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xline brush is it possible to replace jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi all just bought the xline flocked brush and I love it apart from the pencil jets. So three questions.

1 is it possible to fit the gardiner 1.4 brass pencil jets.

2 having read through a 2013 post but I cannot find it to post on to it it said that you would need x4 1.4 jets to get good flow so my question is is there any difference between the 1.4mm ×brass jets and the new gardiner plastic jets. Every brush i have other than this 8s a gardiner and the jets are perfect.

3. The hose off the tee for the jets is a bigger diameter than the gardiner ones would getting the smaller hose on to the jets make the pressure greater.

Thank you

Manufacturers used to use brass jets that are a press fit into the brush stock. Gardiners went over to a twist in jet capsule which is plastic so is very unlikely to scratch the glass no matter how hard you push the brush.
The old press in jets could be pressed out and new ones inserted it's just a case of finding the 1.4mm jets and using a vice and a drift to press old ones out and new ones in.
As for smaller pipe increasing the pressure it would. The problem is normally we don't care too much about pressure it's more an issue of flow. i.e. although most pumps are rated at 100psi that's the max they can do and against a shut off pipe (without a controller with dead end detection). Pressure is more about overcoming pipe losses and the height you are working at. Flow rate is about how much water you put on the glass for agitating and rinsing.

What problem are you having with the xline jets?

Manufacturers used to use brass jets that are a press fit into the brush stock. Gardiners went over to a twist in jet capsule which is plastic so is very unlikely to scratch the glass no matter how hard you push the brush.
The old press in jets could be pressed out and new ones inserted it's just a case of finding the 1.4mm jets and using a vice and a drift to press old ones out and new ones in.
As for smaller pipe increasing the pressure it would. The problem is normally we don't care too much about pressure it's more an issue of flow. i.e. although most pumps are rated at 100psi that's the max they can do and against a shut off pipe (without a controller with dead end detection). Pressure is more about overcoming pipe losses and the height you are working at. Flow rate is about how much water you put on the glass for agitating and rinsing.

What problem are you having with the xline jets?
I've gone from a gardiner brush with the twist in plastic 1.4 pencil jets I simply don't like the 2.0mm xline jets.

I've got every brand of brush going and I love the xline but I will only use it if I can get the 1.4 jets in will go stick it in a vice and pull and twist then thank you for your help

I've gone from a gardiner brush with the twist in plastic 1.4 pencil jets I simply don't like the 2.0mm xline jets.

I've got every brand of brush going and I love the xline but I will only use it if I can get the 1.4 jets in will go stick it in a vice and pull and twist then thank you for your help
Just thought, alternatively you could press a piece of 2mm brass into the hole on the jets and drill a new 1.4mm hole?

Just thought, alternatively you could press a piece of 2mm brass into the hole on the jets and drill a new 1.4mm hole?
Pretty certain the old Gardener brass push in jets need a drill hole of 4.7mm. The 2mm and 1.4mm hole size are the internal jet size and not the external diamt of the jet - unless I've misunderstood the issue.

Pretty certain the old Gardener brass push in jets need a drill hole of 4.7mm. The 2mm and 1.4mm hole size are the internal jet size and not the external diamt of the jet - unless I've misunderstood the issue.
I was more thinking it might be possible to keep the existing 2mm jets and sleeve the internal hole down to 1.4mm. To save pressing out the 2mm and trying to get the correct outer diameter 1.4mm jets.

Before ordering I was going to measure it all once I got the old brass 2mm jet out. May just keep it as a summer brush when the flow is abit stronger if I can match it up. But I'd like to think there all the same size but with the only difference been the bristle side brass end part
The measurements on gardiner site are 1x1x4.5

Quick update so the xline 2mm jets bore measurement is 6.6mm. The gardiner ones are 4.8 mm.

I'm more than happy to drill in next to the holes already there but unsure if the new position would annoy me.

Do you think putting the new 4.8 bore size jets into the 6.6mm holes and pouring epoxy resin in will do the job?

Quick update so the xline 2mm jets bore measurement is 6.6mm. The gardiner ones are 4.8 mm.

I'm more than happy to drill in next to the holes already there but unsure if the new position would annoy me.

Do you think putting the new 4.8 bore size jets into the 6.6mm holes and pouring epoxy resin in will do the job?
Should work but think the x line stock is much thicker than the Gardiner ones and think the jets would be up inside the stock if that makes sense , might work ok but could the water hit the stock instead of going onto the window ?

Should work but think the x line stock is much thicker than the Gardiner ones and think the jets would be up inside the stock if that makes sense , might work ok but could the water hit the stock instead of going onto the window ?
I get you I will have a play around I've bought x4 jets. So will see how they look and I'm going to try and epoxy resin two in so if they are abit short I can maybe try and play with how far it goes in before the resin curing worst case brush goes in the bin. Love the brush but jet wise I will always go for the 1.4 pencils.

Latest Posts

Back