Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY Heavy Duty Trolley Step by Step/Van mount, pics (PART 2)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lovely looking job [emoji173]

And for the people who wonder what was wrong with the last one… well I make a few bits myself, and when you get into it like jimmyboots, then you keep seeing things that you can change or improve. It just gets in your blood to 'just do another one' but with this change or that. Or just because you can.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My trolley broke this morning so I've ordered the same as you. I was just wondering how you got The metal brackets that hold the enclosures, to bend around them bars.

Ok thanks I've had the trolley turn up this morning its a proper bit of kit. Should of bought this to begin with.

Orderd the enclosures just need to find the metal to attach them. Will poo down to wilko and see what they have.

Thanks for all the help. Been watching and learning from the forum for ages. Here's my 1st diy trolley. Conduit I got from Wickes £2.40. Checker board 300mm x 500mm, eBay £6.50. 200kg Trolley from local garden centre £39.00. 25litre barrels, cheapest on Amazon at £3.39 + delivery. Small hose reel The Range, £14.99 at the moment. Everything else eBay.

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5883

View attachment 5884

Last edited by a moderator:
did you just use checker plate in one go and attach the boxes to it?

Also has anyone used a varistream connector on their trolley. My van mount uses this controller and was wondering if anyone has used it on trolley?

For the checker plate I bent about 100mm of it round under the trolley, now I have somewhere to sit my pole.

I've since moved the hose reel round the back, coz it's awkward and gets in the way when lifting 25litres/kg of water into the bracket at front.

Got 2 good days work done before charging up again, mind you not cleaning every house R&W on the 2nd day.

What fitting is used to connect pole hose to hose reel?
What pole hose is everyone using
I'm sure I've put links to almost everything in the threads, but if not here is the type of fitting from reel to hose

Hozelock Type Brass Hose Reel Fitting - Swivel Elbow - Garden Hose 1/2" Couplings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

And I used Gardiners all season pole hose

'All Season' Pole Hose 8mm OD - 30m - Hoses - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Back