Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo 8000-946-138 problem

Squeegee Dan

Hi all.

My water pump is making the noise it usually makes but there's no water, I've bought a valve kit but wanted to know if if it could be anything else.

I've had no real issues up until this point but it has been trickling a little water when the hose is disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi all.My water pump is making the noise it usually makes but there's no water, I've bought a valve kit but wanted to know if if it could be anything else.

I've had no real issues up until this point but it has been trickling a little water when the hose is disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
A slight air leak between the tank and the pump could cause a poor flow.

If the pump motor is tuning then it could be the tiny non return valve in the pump has got a bit of grit on the valve seat or the hair spring has broken.

It could also be a broken shaft (never heard of that) or a broken 'impeller' where it fits onto the shaft. You will know when you remove it.)

It has been cold these last few days in some parts of the country. Is their any ice blocking the inlet or outlet pipes? I did have the van ports freeze up once on the way to our first job.

Have to fitted the inlet and outlets onto the pump correctly if you have removed them? There is an arrow indicating the direction of flow on the pump head.

Back