Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

600lts of water but not a drop to drink

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark lee

quick question

the water in my tank is on 000ppm after going thu all the filters RO4040 unit and resin is it safe to drink?

found my self out of drinks in the van yesterday afternoon hot day could of done with a mouth full of water /emoticons/sad.png

People have ro units under there sinks to make there tap water better but I wouldn't want to drink it after it has been in my van's water tank.

Legionella and other bugs can breed in the tank

Plus i wouldn't want to drink it after di

Legionella and other bugs can breed in the tankPlus i wouldn't want to drink it after di
More chance of winning every lotto for a year than leigonaires.

More common in run off from AC units.

RO is the art of removing minerals from your water. Drink it and your body will stary osmosis -- putting the minerals back in the water. I have the odd swig here and there but regular as a drinking water source it's gonna do more harn than good.

But when I started I used a water purifier under my sink and it was supposed to go on a tap for you to drink, that went through reverse osmosis is it different to what is in your van?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

But when I started I used a water purifier under my sink and it was supposed to go on a tap for you to drink, that went through reverse osmosis is it different to what is in your van?

different sort of filters mate

the stuff we take from water ie minerals.. is what our bodies need .. plus suppliers recomend that its not fit for consumption after the di resin

If I forget to take a supply of drinking water with me I usually just ask the occasional customer for a glass of water. Most are more than willing to oblige. Some even have one waiting by the time I'm finished. Mind you if it's iced water, be careful how much and how fast you drink it. I downed about 1 1/2 pints within 15mins once and it had me doubled over in pain for several minutes. Stomach cramps I think.

If I forget to take a supply of drinking water with me I usually just ask the occasional customer for a glass of water. Most are more than willing to oblige. Some even have one waiting by the time I'm finished. Mind you if it's iced water, be careful how much and how fast you drink it. I downed about 1 1/2 pints within 15mins once and it had me doubled over in pain for several minutes. Stomach cramps I think.
when i started WFP window cleaning about 7 years ago i asked the guy at pure freedom if you could drink the water after it had gone through the filters and resin and he said NO so i would not drink it saying that i will not drink tap water either because it contains fluoride when i found out what that stuff was that was me finished with tap water and toothpaste containing it.

Legionnaires can only be caught/passed through a vapour or spray - not from drinking. Plus you would have to have some form of biofilm in increase the risk and that doesn't happen with pure water. Saying that it's not recommended to drink pure water as it has nothing in it to benefit your body. RO water - as we know - has trace elements left in it but no chlorine which is the main component removed for health reasons

It's pure water, surely you can drink it if decanted into a clean container and the water is free from dirt.

I always take a cycling bottle with me and ask customers to top up, this usually gets you a cuppa as well or a glass of pop.

Sounds like a silly question I know but would there be any benefits of using my purified water I use for window cleaning which is 001 on TDS metre. Or does it remove all minerals from the water which your body would need to take from regular spring water? Thanks

Back