Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail PG

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

A fellow windie who I know gave me the above squeegee to try out. After battleing with it to change the rubber (what a awkward way to change it) I had a go. First thing is its a tool to master. Gotta get the hang of it & also thought it was strange that the cleaning cloth is about an inch shorter each side of the rubber. Anyway I've read somewhere that you can change the angle of the handle. Anyone know what to do or got a link. And yes my mate said I can do what I like to it coz he just cannot get on with it.

Anyone???
All you wagtailers out there :thumbsup:
Herman is the man who pioneered the changing of handle from 40 to 20-25 degrees. Check out his videos on it. I personally do it to all mine. it just feels more natural and seems to be easier on the wrist. Amongst all the confusion over the PG, mainly from the manufacturer himself, it needs to be remembered that the little pad is, in the main, to provide consistent slip over the entire window, especially on hot days. The pad will hold enough water for light maintenance but in general should be used in conjunction with a normal scrubber. Why on earth he's shortened the pad who knows? Probably because water was trailing on the earlier "prototypes" 1 thru 10... :)

it looks to be a tool mostly suited to weekly cleans eg shops i can see itd be great for insides on weekly work.

in my opinion wagtails got more than enough products out now. maker should call a halt to invent and start proper marketing them. one idea- he could do a series of vids trail round to the door of regular users, who im sure would be happy to be on camera saying/showing how good the wagtail squeegee is

in my opinion wagtails got more than enough products out now. maker should call a halt to invent and start proper marketing them. one idea- he could do a series of vids trail round to the door of regular users, who im sure would be happy to be on camera saying/showing how good the wagtail squeegee is
Actually there are really only two Wagtail Squeegees ...slimline...and wide body (orbital/combi) e.g.

Imagine a complete slimline pack:

Handle underneath disc = Slimline ...add clips and pad = Slimline Flipper ....take handle, add collet and cap and bolt to top = PC and PC Flipper ...take pad off and add new PG Pad and some chopped plastic and 'voila' you have the "Precision Glide" ....whew...and you can do the same process on the wide body Wagtails.

Your right about the marketing. Willie is a salesman not a marketer. The crazy thing is that those of us that have "been cast into the desert" by him tend to be doing all the selling and promotion for him... :)

theres a whole world of window cleaners who dont much use the net that wagtail should seek out by making sure every supply shop on every corner has a wagtail stand . i reckon the majority of window cleaners have never even heard of the brand. in my own area iv not ever seen anyone of my competitors using one .

the 2 local supply stores to me www.windowcleancentre.co.uk and www.soapnational.co.uk dont carry them

altho there are 2 supply stores in the UK stocking wagtail why havent all the rest got them ?

theres a whole world of window cleaners who dont much use the net that wagtail should seek out by making sure every supply shop on every corner has a wagtail stand . i reckon the majority of window cleaners have never even heard of the brand. in my own area iv not ever seen anyone of my competitors using one .the 2 local supply stores to me www.windowcleancentre.co.uk and www.soapnational.co.uk dont carry them altho there are 2 supply stores in the UK stocking wagtail why havent all the rest got them ?
There is NO ONE in NZ stocking them. There have been stockists in the past, but, there is generally no support no backup no training. They commit to an initial supplier buy and then two days later "new models" are available. The one ex-supplier I was speaking to some months ago said ...not interested, no spare parts and worse, communication is non existent. The main issue I think is that ground floor training and demonstration is non existent. I personally discovered them by stumbling across a couple of videos of Waggas on the net back in 2012 and thinking "may as well try one"... The thing that struck me back then was that it worked almost identically to how I was then using the Unger 0 degree. Much to my delight I found it was MUCH better. It frustrates the hell out of me that such a great tool is being promoted so thinly and badly.

@Eric Gilliand i 100% agree with everything you just said

I discovered wags through a certain mr Hatt

It's funny how he, you and I have always stated it is the best tool around for use on a pole and i wouldn't be without my wagulator as a hand tool nowadays but it could do with some improvements the same as the liquidators could i.e: the clips coming off issue and the original clips needing crimping

The difference being moerman have been contacted and done something about it whereas we dare to criticise wagtail even after promoting their tool publicly on forums and youtube etc and end up in arguments and getting removed from facebook groups etc

As for the nastiness that came from mr Kimmel and mr Maher with personal attacks on people for having an opinion if i was Willie i would be discouraging it rather than joining in as he is a business owner airing his laundry in a public forum for the world to see

Pathetic is what i call it

Last edited by a moderator:
@ posh This is what Herman does..i won't use a wagtail without doing this first nowadays as it doesn't work right

[media]

[/media]

There is NO ONE in NZ stocking them. There have been stockists in the past, but, there is generally no support no backup no training. They commit to an initial supplier buy and then two days later "new models" are available. The one ex-supplier I was speaking to some months ago said ...not interested, no spare parts and worse, communication is non existent. The main issue I think is that ground floor training and demonstration is non existent. I personally discovered them by stumbling across a couple of videos of Waggas on the net back in 2012 and thinking "may as well try one"... The thing that struck me back then was that it worked almost identically to how I was then using the Unger 0 degree. Much to my delight I found it was MUCH better. It frustrates the hell out of me that such a great tool is being promoted so thinly and badly.
Hi Eric I know this is a late reply to your post ,Hygienedirect in CHCH is stocking them and we have had great service from them, Laura Love is our account manager and we can't say enough good things about the service, quick shipping and they don't seem to be adding any of the large margins that other suppliers in NZ where charging.

I do agree communication is a problem, we where looking to be a stockist as we already have a distribution network in place with our carpet and restoration cleaning chemicals equipment etc and have the capital to market the range. So sent a email to Wagtail asking for more information about becoming a stockist as information on their site is a little thin other than order a stockist kit for $900au and get a few stickers and a few discounted products ......but nope no response from wagtail sigh... frustrating to say the least

Hi Eric I know this is a late reply to your post ,Hygienedirect in CHCH is stocking them and we have had great service from them, Laura Love is our account manager and we can't say enough good things about the service, quick shipping and they don't seem to be adding any of the large margins that other suppliers in NZ where charging.I do agree communication is a problem, we where looking to be a stockist as we already have a distribution network in place with our carpet and restoration cleaning chemicals equipment etc and have the capital to market the range. So sent a email to Wagtail asking for more information about becoming a stockist as information on their site is a little thin other than order a stockist kit for $900au and get a few stickers and a few discounted products ......but nope no response from wagtail sigh... frustrating to say the least
Thanks for the heads up on Hygienedirect. I'll check them out. As for the lack of response? Well, what can you say...strange strange...

Back