Your first few months

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Ryan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok weather u bought a round or started from scratch few questions as i'v very nosey person lol

how did you find it ?
    what was the hardest part for you ?

if u started from scratch how many customers did u have in the first 3 months.

what did u set out to achieve

i love the job really enjoy begin out the hrs fly by
    haven't got a hardest part yet

I'm on week 3 next week lol so long time till 3 months

just want something iv built and really enjoy doing :]

2. Reform

Reform Guest

i got about 50 in 3 months...but i timed it (by luck) when another window cleaner just retired.

you will have dips, but after 6 yrs cleaning, i'm still loving it on a whole.

the hardest bit will come in a year or 2 when you (if you descide to) employ someone. finding the right person can sometimes be hard...i was very fortunate with the guy i found, but i know it can cause a few headaches for some lol
  3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Jan 10, 2012
    I have been going for 2 months now, I have been consistant in dropping 1000 business cards a week so I go 40 customers. Its hard work. I am doing a full time job during the week which pays the bills.

I got a set goal to get 20 customers a month so I am on target.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

that's good work.

do u actually knock doors or just dropping flyers ?
  5. laddergarder

Nov 29, 2011
    how did you find it ? / what was the hardest part for you ?
    Easy and hard, I hated all the no's you get when canvassing, I found that quite hard to take when I first started, but I just trucked on, and got a little lift when I managed to pick up one or two customers. The only advice I would give from that point of view, is don't think about it, do it for a week or month then looks at how much work you've picked up, calculate how much that will make you over the year, and you will see that it has been worth while.

if u started from scratch how many customers did u have in the first 3 months.
    I'll give you sales and customers, as number of customers really isn't that most important figure.
    Month 1 - £311.50 (49 customers)
    Month 2 - £426.49 (69)
    Month 3 - £538.00 (78)

I have been going for about 5 years now, and have around 700 customers.

what did u set out to achieve
    I'll take it you mean in the first three months. I my goal was to get 80 customers, I was 2 away. My sales target for month 3 was £480, I was £58 up on that target.

When I just started, I didn't really have any big aspirations for the business as I do now, I really just wanted to make what I was making at my old job. I liked the idea of being my own boss, and was at the point where I just though, to hell with it, I give it everything I've got and see how it goes. I went into my boss and told him I wouldn't be able to work any overtime, and I was starting up as a window cleaner.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Guest

ladder that's impressive mate 15-20 new customers a month consistently :]

700 customer base is pretty big how big is the area u cover ?

did u get them all to start by canvassing ?

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Welsh cleaner- are you a girl?? No bloke would put kisses surely???? Ha ha.
  8. Paul

Paul Guest

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

you love it :)
  10. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    Some of my female customers send texts with x they must do it out of habit
    First few months can be a bit of a rollercaster and the winter months are hard and you'll get a couple cancel and you'll think its down to your cleaning but after a while you just get thick skined to them and when a customer commends you on the quality that the buzz I get out of it and keeps me going