Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm a Numpty!!!

Tuffers

Two stories that'll make you chuckle at my expense.

Last week I cleaned my own windows and decided that I'd use a different brush. So, I take the brush off the pole and leave it on the roof of my van and use another brush. Get to my first house the next morning to find that I'd left the other brush on the pole. So I take a look in the back of the van and my original brush is nowhere to be seen. I look up and see it sat on the roof. Nothing strange about that but I'd driven 40 miles with most of it motorway with it sat there :confused:

Yesterday I was cleaning houses on a new development. I was cleaning on both sides of the street so I put my safety cone out to warn people of the trailing hose. Today I was cleaning in a development of 9 houses. I always put my cone out. I pull up and find my cone is missing from the back of the van. I retrace my footsteps and realise the last time I used it was yesterday. I was in the same town so I packed my gear up and drove to yesterday's work. Yep!!!! There was my cone still sat on the pavement along with a little bit of dog wee next to it /emoticons/biggrin.png

What a numpty :laugh:

I'm sure this sort of thing happens to all of us. Recently I have:

Driven off without securing my ladders to the van - amazingly they stayed on after having driven a couple of miles!

Filled up my van tank with resin because I fitted the DI vessel round the wrong way.

I'm sure this sort of thing happens to all of us. Recently I have:
Driven off without securing my ladders to the van - amazingly they stayed on after having driven a couple of miles!

Filled up my van tank with resin because I fitted the DI vessel round the wrong way.
I wondered what would happen if you did that, I put arrows on my di and the fittings that connect to it just in case, glad I did now

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I used my ladders to do a conny roof

The customer pulled up when i had 1 clamp on

I put the other on the floor while i was talking to her

Said goodbye and then drove over my own rhino clamp and broke the handle off

When I had my old astra van which had a tailgate, I had my long ladder on. I usually gave it a shove forward before opening the tailgate. This time however I hadn't tied it on yet. Good ole shrove and watched helplessly as it flew off the roof bars and landed on my bonnet. Didn't know my own strength

I drove into a multi storey car park a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't realised how low the ceiling was. Heard a horrible screeching sound and realised it was my ladder clamps scraping along the ceiling. I had to stop and take them off (they were both totally bent) while all the traffic was building up behind me. I looked like a right ****.

I used to do exterior painting of houses as part of my business (got a guy who I sub it to now), and as myself and worker was loading the van after finishing a job, the customer started walking towards me ready to pay me.

So I shut the back of the van, heard a bit of movement in there, but ignored it. she reached me. She paid up and asked if I had a little spare bit of paint in case she needed to touch up scratches etc.

Of course, no probs I say. Opened the door up and a whole 5L can of white weathersheid dropped out, hit the floor and glugged over my feet :eek:

I felt a complete bell end /emoticons/sad.png

Not long ago on one of the first jobs of the day I had opened the tap on my 500l tank to wash my hands. Anyway I set off and nipped in asda to get sumert for lunch. Came back out and the entire 500l of water was in asda car park. I had forgot to turn tap off. On the plus side I fecked that day off and went home to watch Jeremy kyle.

I had a bit of a numpty moment today.

I'd spoken to @daveyboy earlier in the day and said I'd swing by for a chat as I had a couple of jobs and a quote to do near where he was working.

I had a bottle of lucozade in the van and gripped it between my legs so I could open it one handed as I was driving. As soon as I took the lid off it all fizzed up all over the crotch area of my grey trousers.

Pretty embarrassing explaining to my customer that I hadn't ****** myself. I'm not sure she believed me.

Finished my jobs earlier today and went for canvassing. 3 estates and 300+ flyers. Went home and realised that I dont have my phone on me anymore. Dont know how and where I dropped it.

Sad day.

Back