Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Water

Dodger

Might be a daft question but I used around 24 litres today on 14 fairly large windows (including frames) 3 houses all first clean and just wondered if I'm using about the right amount. Did most really twice as they were first cleans but should I be using more to make sure they're rinsed well or would I be around the right amount.

Also is it just me getting old or is wfp harder on the arms than trad cos mine are killing me tonight and I got aches and pains when I started trad but crikey this is worse. I reckon the harris is too heavy for me though so will be looking at a new pole real soon.

i was like this the first time i went wfp its just the mussles that you not normaly using!!! the more you do it the better and easier it comes!! got to rock forward and back a little more too!

harris poles is a good light pole! shame you not closer could get you using some of my heavy bricks!!! lol

I think that sounds about right they were after all they were all first cleans so you are going to use more water getting them frames clean .The most important thing is get them right at the end of the day water is pretty cheap so rinse rinse rinse lol. Lots of people when they first start use harris poles and they are a good starter pole i still got mine that i use for caravans .Start saving and get yourself a proper pole like a clx or a slx and a extreme brush you will can work all day and much quicker great poles.

Thats the plan mate, thought about an xmas pressie from the missus but too far away so it'll have to be a bank holida present or something from myself lol.

Seen a couple on ebay as well that might look closer at for now.

on some first cleans i have used from 25lts to 125lts on one house! just depends how you do it. like mark says make sure they are right and rinse rinse rinse!

I did that alright, mindya I had a bit of ecover on the brush so had to get rid of suds anyway lol.
yer that always uses a lot more water! sometime they just dont want to go!

Got drenched on last one as well, by time I got to it time was about 7'ish and was cream crackered so didn't notice there was was no guttering round the bay window below lol.

Hey woman at first house was pleased though she got me doin inside downstairs as well so that was an easy bonus.

I use 50litres on some first cleans ! LOL

But 1 day i will use like 150 litres on 10 houses..... but then the next day i will use like 350litres on 14 houses /emoticons/wacko.png

Its all abou the flow rate mate... 20 is the best... but cosi want to be quick... i sometimes put flow rate on 40... and waste a lot of water /emoticons/mellow.png LOL

Yesterday I filled backpack maybe 3/4 full, and I only got 1 windows out of it.. Large bay window with 12 panes.. So just put backpack back in the van Nd pulled the rose heel out..

Yea the pole is harder on the arms, after yesterday messing about with the Harris twist clamps Iv decided it will be a new clx 18 soon and just use the Harris poles for fascias etc..

Yesterday I filled backpack maybe 3/4 full, and I only got 1 windows out of it.. Large bay window with 12 panes.. So just put backpack back in the van Nd pulled the rose heel out..

Yea the pole is harder on the arms, after yesterday messing about with the Harris twist clamps Iv decided it will be a new clx 18 soon and just use the Harris poles for fascias etc..
I'm same Harris twist clamps annoy me a bit, have to keep tools handy in case I can't undo the things lol.

I'm same Harris twist clamps annoy me a bit, have to keep tools handy in case I can't undo the things lol.
lol whimp! 3 years of using twist clamps and you get used to it! they never need to be done up tight, if you keep doing it tight it wears the clamps out quicker

Back