Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The best way to cut down on ro waste water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Bedwell

Hi does anyone feed their waste water back into their ro units either directly or via a header tank as I want to achieve zero waste water ?

If you put your waste into a header tank then you'll need a pressure pump to make your ro work effectively. I presume your on a meter. Luckerly I'm not on a meter so not an issue for me.

Hi

Yes I am and I will need a double pumped ro unit I think but I cannot find enough info and was looking for some pointers.

Thanks for responding though

Cheers Ian

you will never have zero waste with an RO. the waste has to come out.

if you put it back through you will just clog your membranes faster. and it will come out with higher waste TDS

You can't put waste water back through a RO, it will destroy the membrane in a matter of weeks, the idea kf waste water is just that, it's waste (filthy, full of minerals, salts Etc)

Hi does anyone feed their waste water back into their ro units either directly or via a header tank as I want to achieve zero waste water ?
Doing that will just reduce the life of your RO membrane so most likely worse off than wasting 5% down the drain on fills. You always need some waste to get rid of the dissolved solids from that membrane.

Thank you all, I have been and still am using rainwater however I need to start producing the rest of my water from home now with the lowest waste system ro system available so if anyone can recommend the best that's out there I would be grateful.

I have looked at mixing rain and waste but as I need 400 ltrs a day I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Cheers Ian

Latest Posts

Back