Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just purchased go prohero +3 black edition today, need help?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I got this today for my gutter cleaning system, it's quite expensive so I was abit apprehensive but I've heard good things.

So I've opened it up, started fiddling with the settings, and managed to stream the live feed to my ipad thanks to the gopro app.

....Now I've noticed the 2 second delay on the ipad stream which isn't a big deal but what I was wondering about was the wifi range because I was walking to the other side of my house which isn't that far believe me and the connection was very weak and I even lost connection at times.

Seems like it was about 20 to 25 foot when it was losing connection

Am I being too fussy or has anyone else noticed this and is this a big deal?

Also should I get a sd reader to record?

Sorry if this was too long

Thanks

I'm after the same one too but now it doesn't seem that great. Have you had any issues with the operating system locking up as heard they do sometimes on some?

When you say it loses signal strength and drops the wifi sometimes is that when you are viewing the live feed with the ipad attached to the bottom of the pole?

Are you also near any power lines when the wifi signal drops out?

Sorry I've just re-read your post regarding walking round the outside of your house with your ipad to test the range out. As far as I'm aware they need a clear line of sight for the wifi conection to work properly so best try it out on a pole instead then see if it works ok.

Thanks smurf, appreciate it, I will have the gutter vac by Tuesday, I will post on here to let you know how it all goes with the camera when I do my own house

Nice one & I'm looking forward to your feedback.:thumbsup:

I plan to get one myself mostly to do quick gutter surveys attached to a wfp whilst out on quotes connected to an old iphone 3gs by wifi so I can then see what I'm looking at in real time and record it if needbe without getting my ladders off the van.

If you record stuff onto the gopro then best to get a memory card for it.

I got this today for my gutter cleaning system, it's quite expensive so I was abit apprehensive but I've heard good things.So I've opened it up, started fiddling with the settings, and managed to stream the live feed to my ipad thanks to the gopro app.

....Now I've noticed the 2 second delay on the ipad stream which isn't a big deal but what I was wondering about was the wifi range because I was walking to the other side of my house which isn't that far believe me and the connection was very weak and I even lost connection at times.

Seems like it was about 20 to 25 foot when it was losing connection

Am I being too fussy or has anyone else noticed this and is this a big deal?

Also should I get a sd reader to record?

Sorry if this was too long

Thanks
I can't go any further than the kitchen without losing wifi, a total of 30' max :mad:

I'd love to browse the net in the garden on a sunny afternoon /emoticons/smile.png

you can get wifi extenders from your supplier...they just plug in and extend the range...you may need it whilst waiting for the steak tomorrow...made me hungry again.../emoticons/smile.png

yeh hope so, we are with sky they have been great.unlike bloody talktalk :turd:..may get the fibre sounds great...when we had the power cut the net was so missed and just great lay back in the garden tinny in hand watching the por.,,oh sorry reading mail on line and of course wcf.co.uk ....the greatest site on the net....(make gav happy):rofl:

Back