Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bought myself some progutter tools today.

TolishAPurd

I'm sat at home today with some kind of flu bug, everyone around here seems to have it. So I thought I'ddo a bit of shopping, starting with a set of progutter tools. Heard good things about these and they've got to be better then the podger stick I'm using now. I'll let you know how I get on when they arrive./emoticons/smile.png

http://progutter.co.uk/

Yes mate, but not the pole or the angle adapter. I've got plenty of painting poles and I don't think I'll need the angle adapter any time soon. Looking forward to getting them. I'm hoping this along with my better ladder setup is going to speed my gutter jobs up a lot.

yeh that flu bug thing...who was the last to give you a cuppa...i saw one custy ...rinse the cup with her fingers ready for me...not so keen to drink tea these days..:eek:

i not allowed any more toys at present after my £365 wfp setup last night....cant wait till tomorrow...

i do want the pro tools soonish along with the anka lad the microlight standoff...etc etc....when is it xmas...

yeh that flu bug thing...who was the last to give you a cuppa...i saw one custy ...rinse the cup with her fingers ready for me...not so keen to drink tea these days..:eek:
i not allowed any more toys at present after my £365 wfp setup last night....cant wait till tomorrow...

i do want the pro tools soonish along with the anka lad the microlight standoff...etc etc....when is it xmas...
Wow cnc, you really are getting into this WFP jazz eh? As for the tea, I have a few houses I never accept from. The type of ones where you have to wipe your feet on the way out. :puke:

i kinda think i got the bug...but then again i have to set it all up yet.......

yeh one house offered me a cuppa and as i stood there the stench was knocking me sick...she didnt seem bothered....when i got around the back she was cleaning the rats cages out...er...i didnt drink that one...still its the thought that counts...

on last weeks gutter facia windows clean one off(well i already have the insides booked for tuesday...so not that much a one off) i had three cuppas made....and they were in the super size sports direct type mugs ...i like some custys.../emoticons/biggrin.png

knew you'd ask....well i don't want to dive in at the deep end ....so ...and i want everything at once....and so the only reasonable one i could find was....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Start-a-water-fed-pole-window-cleaning-business-for-only-300-/131002153236?pt=UK_B_I_Business_for_Sale_CV&hash=item1e80563914

its cheapncheerful...i bought another section for the pole...best be on the safe side...and dont know if i did the right thing but i bought the pump upgrade...

at the end of the day i can always upgrade...if i get hooked ...which i believe i am well on my way.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i need a pro gutter tool wats the cheepest price for this box set?? they look ace:)
I paid 50 notes for the four bits. Not a bargain by any means but I'll see how it performs. I couldnt find anywhere cheaper, so I just bought from ebay.

I paid 50 notes for the four bits. Not a bargain by any means but I'll see how it performs. I couldnt find anywhere cheaper, so I just bought from ebay.
Won't be long before Chinese copies are on the market at a fraction of the price. Fair play to the fella for coming up with the design though:thumbsup:

cool thanks tolishapurd ill get one soon £50 not cheep but will last a life time if looked after:thumbsup:/emoticons/smile.png an well wrth geting if u havent got a vac

coming soon the adventures of a wfp windowcleaner ...:rofl:

er exactly how am i going to peek through those upstairs windows now.....

better get a camera fitted dont want to miss anything....

just joking of course....here in boredomville not a lot to see...

Nice one cnc. Hope it goes well for you :thumbsup:. I want your first day written down on here word for word /emoticons/biggrin.png
Got a feeling this will be a legendary post. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Won't be long before Chinese copies are on the market at a fraction of the price. Fair play to the fella for coming up with the design though:thumbsup:
Agreed, the fact that they are the original and british made I wouldn't mind paying a premium, but many wouldn't. If the price was just a little lower I reckon this will kill the competition. But its a bit unfair of me commenting on the price before I have had a chance to use/review them. None of us know the overheads the same way our customers don't know ours, but I guess thier value is in the labour they save, so we'll see.

cool thanks tolishapurd ill get one soon £50 not cheep but will last a life time if looked after:thumbsup:/emoticons/smile.png an well wrth geting if u havent got a vac
Hold on a little while just in case Gav can sort out a discount. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Little update fellas. The gutter tools turned up today, very speedy indeed. Got to be good if you need a different head for an upcoming job. First impressions is that they are nicely made. They are very light, and they are made of a tough plastic, probably unbreakable as it doesn't feel like the brittle cheap kind. When I get over this damn bug I'll get on the ladder and have a play. Already picked up a job today with very difficult access that would be impossible without these, so I reckon its a sign./emoticons/smile.png

fight it tolish fight it....bloody bugs....you only need a few jobs and they will have paid for themselves....shame of course that they are so dear in the first place but thats life:rolleyes:

Review of the GutterPro cleaning tools.

I had a day of gutter work today. The perils of quoting over the phone. 'Terraced house' to me usually means 1 small gutter at the front and back. When I got there it turned out it was an end terrace with and extension front and back, and a length of gutter down the full side of the house- yep, I got done. She was nice though, and I'm a sucker for a pretty blonde. Luckily I had quoted reasonably well, and the side gutter had nothing in so I was able to make up some time.

Anyway, the two gutter jobs I had today gave me a good chance to play with my tools on two very different and awkward houses. I can't hide it, they were brilliant. There were a few occasions that would have been impossible with my old homemade version. I'm using the progutter tools on a 5metre harris pole, so the amount of reach I got was incredible, saving me a whole lot of moving about. Its got to be stressed though that this setup was only made safer by the use of the ankalad, and the microlite which need a whole different review in there own right. With gutter work I find access to be one of the main problems. I can't justify buying a guttervac right now, so these have to be the best things on the market for getting into awkward gutters...sometimes from the strangest of angles.

Ok so nothing is perfect in this world, and every review should have some critisisms. Here are a few of mine. While the tools are designed to fit within there respective gutter profiles, there will sometimes be obstacles that will need to be overcome. I came across some plastic felt which is very common these days, and was unable to get the tool in the gutter. I also had a cable in one of the gutters which throws the tool off as its not designed to adapt. For realworld scenarios like these I reckon a small circle or square head would be great to overcome stuff like this easily.

Switching the head around for different sides of the ladder is a bit of a chore, but the only alternative I can think of is to have a double head on it, but this would be more bother then its worth. So its just something you have to put up with, and can be minimised with good prior planning.

These are expensive unfortunately for what they are. BUT, for what they do, they are worth every penny. One job today has paid for them- so no regrets at all.

They are well made out of what seems to be a strong plastic. They are made in England which in itself is something I will always support. Often with British products it is the finish that lets them down, but these gutter tools are nicely made. Only time will tell on this, but so long as they are looked after, I reckon they should gives years of service.

If you do gutter work, these are essential in my opinion.

(I'll get some pics up soon.)

Good review T A P, I'm fed up getting my hands ripped to schredes trying to get in to tight gutters. Might think about a set of these as you say £50 still expensive for 4 tools though.:gush:

A Tuffers top tip; when you have to unscrew the pro gutter tool to turn it round so that you can reach in the other direction, hold the tool and unscrew the pole and not unscrew the tool while holding the pole. Reason being, if you unscrew the tool it can flip off at the last part of the thread, whereas if you hold the pole and turn that, you will still have the tool in your hand. This is sounding like a gutter thread isn't it :eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back