Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaun87

Which wfp to buy

cheapncheerful

ta keir for trying it for us !:D i cant afford to spend too much on brushes so the thread is great...assuming i get the right brush out of it....maybe a slight spelling mistake on there ..not that i very good as i have to use chrome spell checker or else i spell just like good old tenchy.

A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two individuals, with matched weapons in accordance with agreed-upon rules.

dual . Composed of two usually like or complementary parts

but hey at least i went to your web site:thumbsup:

maybe its for a brush off type fight as in whose is the best....

RiceRocket

My only mild bug bear with the new extreme range is the splay of the bristles allows the stock to close to the window, so its easy to bang and clang on the frames whereas the original extremes just sit a few mm higher off the glass and therefore you can be a bit more indiscriminate with brushing

Buy the Gardiner Brush Bumper :)

keir

Got one for each of the new style extreme's, took them off within three windows!!

Nowt wrong with them as such, just i found them too grippy on the sills as i sweep across.

I know,.... i know well use a sill brush.......yes i have one but i can keep the sills clean with an extreme alot easier than wielding a sill brush about.

Only way i can explain why i prefer not to use the bumpers is lets say its like wearing a rubber johnny compared to riding bare back hahaha

Also i am falling in love with the extreme hybrid, its a seriously seriously good brush. I have been highly impressed by its slug trail removal powers today, and on hydrophobic glass you can really feel the semi absorbent bristles gripping the window, and on both phyllic and phobic glass you can really see/feel the chemical type reaction happening where the pure water does its thing.

The tecbuk hybrid will have to be amazing to trump it, but i have to admit that i used it a couple of times the other week and was non plussed by it, but after i trimmed my older brushes and saw/felt the difference i gave the new ones the same treatment, i think this is what has turned it into a kick ass brush.

@Tuffers........do you swap brushes regularly? Recently i have been starting with say an extreme medium, but have the hybrid attached to my belt with the jet tubes then swap between as the day goes on. But that could any two brushes that i fancy, i just love swapping and find my favourite brush changes from day to day.

I think i am developing a fetish lmao

Advertisement

Tuffers

@keir, funny you mentioned change of brushes. I have been using the dual trim flocked for a while with pencil jets on maintenance cleans. As it happens, I decided to try another brush today. It was the dual trim medium mixed with swivel neck, yes swivel neck and fan jets. I will be using the same tomorrow :) I may change the fans for pencils though if I get any signs of spotting.

I do find the swivel a PITA for brushing over the sills with though.

tench0771

here is a pic of the new brush^^^^^ the person who posted this on a nother forum said it fiels liter than a gardener super lite!!!!! its got the quick lock fitted to

Smurf

Whoever the chap is he bites his nails and has baby young hands... Therefore Sherlock smurf deduces he is in his late 20's early 30's and likes buying new toys. :D

I still don't get why that brush stock has not been reduced in length further as still looks longer than needed.:rolleyes:

here is a pic of the new brush^^^^^ the person who posted this on a nother forum said it fiels liter than a gardener super lite!!!!! its got the quick lock fitted to

keir

Oooooooooooooh!!!!!!!! :specs:specs:specs

I liiiiiike that!!!!!! I'm proper looking forward to get my hands on mine, is that an ariel hybrid tench?

Tuffers
Whoever the chap is he bites his nails and has baby young hands... Therefore Sherlock smurf deduces he is in his late 20's early 30's and likes buying new toys. :D

He also picks the skin round his nails. Of a nervous disposition too, I'd say :whistle:

Richard

Thanks for putting those photos up; I do offer a stronger brush nut with a brass thread, used for that type of brush head brush.

The new Tecbuk brushes are lighter than the super-light brushes that Gardiner sell. The previous were about the same weight of the super-light, around 250g.

The new Tecbuk brushes are around 195g-210g, with an increased bristle cleaning area of 12%, from the previous Tecbuk brushes. All the brushes still have 7 rows of cleaning bristles and aprox 170 full knots of bristles, (unlike a stapled brush, which has only half knots)

Smurf

Thank you Doctor Watson and going by your observation I would deduce he is also right handed too :D

He also picks the skin round his nails. Of a nervous disposition too, I'd say :whistle:

Advertisement

keir

Fans for window cleaning eh tuffers? I cant use em for owt but pvc, it just seems to go everywhere.lol

As for the swivel, weird innit personal preference? When i used i fixed resi neck i had to use a sill brush, but with a swivel all i have to do is place an extreme or similar on the sill, twist the pole a tiny bit so the brush kicks out to a slight angle then swipe it across once or twice.

Another good reason for this is you can see like a bow wave of water coming off the sill which massively reduces the amount of drip splashage on the sill below onto the glass

cheapncheerful

hmmm theres more to brushes than meets the eye...:rofl:keep it coming....i do have a question about brushes but i will wait a bit longer..

keir
Thanks for putting those photos up; I do offer a stronger brush nut with a brass thread, used for that type of brush head brush.

The new Tecbuk brushes are lighter than the super-light brushes that Gardiner sell. The previous were about the same weight of the super-light, around 250g.

The new Tecbuk brushes are around 195g-210g, with an increased bristle cleaning area of 12%, from the previous Tecbuk brushes. All the brushes still have 7 rows of cleaning bristles and aprox 170 full knots of bristles, (unlike a stapled brush, which has only half knots)

Richard update your site bud, i would of bought one ages ago if i'd seen that, that stock looks very similar in dimensions to the extreme even and 195g's is not heavy whatsoever in fact i think thats just about right.

The new extreme's are a tad too lightweight, i preferred the original ones with the thicker stock with the built in scraper, that was useless lol

I am really looking forward to trying that bud, have you sent it yet?? Lol :thumbsup:

Richard

Keir,

Much easier to add weight to your extreme brush, would be better to have 40g – 50g of more bristles if you do add weight.

I hope you get on with the brush, the Hybrids are around 210g and the DT Boars Brush are around 195g

Smurf

So what have you actualy changed Richard as looks the same as the old one with just the corners rounded off to me?

Tuffers
Thank you Doctor Watson and going by your observation I would deduce he is also right handed too :D

I would also like to add that he isn't a haggler type :whistle:

Tuffers
Fans for window cleaning eh tuffers? I cant use em for owt but pvc, it just seems to go everywhere.lol

As for the swivel, weird innit personal preference? When i used i fixed resi neck i had to use a sill brush, but with a swivel all i have to do is place an extreme or similar on the sill, twist the pole a tiny bit so the brush kicks out to a slight angle then swipe it across once or twice.

Another good reason for this is you can see like a bow wave of water coming off the sill which massively reduces the amount of drip splashage on the sill below onto the glass

As soon as I posted using a swivel, I went out to the van and changed the jets to pencil. I have 2 dual trim medium mixed brushes and one has lots more bristles. Actually, one of them looks like an in between of an extreme and dual trim. Must be an updated version, but I've never noticed before :confused:

Tuffers
hmmm theres more to brushes than meets the eye...:rofl:keep it coming....i do have a question about brushes but i will wait a bit longer..

Ask away cnc.....

Advertisement

Smurf

They do come in albino colour too you know....:whistle:

How many indians does it take to saw a log? :D

LJ0Ke5c.jpg

I would also like to add that he isn't a haggler type :whistle:

RiceRocket

As for the swivel, weird innit personal preference? When i used i fixed resi neck i had to use a sill brush, but with a swivel all i have to do is place an extreme or similar on the sill, twist the pole a tiny bit so the brush kicks out to a slight angle then swipe it across once or twice

Yep I'm with you regarding the Swivel, it should have its own thread! It must be the cheapest thing to buy (£12) that gets the work done faster.

cheapncheerful

well as you know i a newbie to this wfp business....so be kind...and i havent looked...but i wouldnt want to clean the sills with the same brush i clean the windows.....do they do an l (thats an ell but i cant do capitals on this keyboard..) shaped brush with the window bit on one side and the sill bit on the other ...if you can follow that your a genius...but i know you are anyway...top man tuffers...i going shoppin on tuffers online soon....i need some cheap microfibres off ebay....:rofl:

just waiting for the link to be found..:whistle:

and smurfy hope he doesnt lose his foot:eek:

Tuffers

:whistle:

They do come in albino colour too you know....:whistle:

How many indians does it take to saw a log? :D

LJ0Ke5c.jpg

We could make that pic a caption competition.

"Hey Raj, did you hear cousin Sanjay got his house windows cleaned for £75?" "He was going to ask him to clean the Lamborghini too, but he did a runner." :whistle:

cheapncheerful

at least i got a laugh out of that painful day....ta tuffers...:rofl:

Tuffers
well as you know i a newbie to this wfp business....so be kind...and i havent looked...but i wouldnt want to clean the sills with the same brush i clean the windows.....do they do an l (thats an ell but i cant do capitals on this keyboard..) shaped brush with the window bit on one side and the sill bit on the other ...if you can follow that your a genius...but i know you are anyway...top man tuffers...i going shoppin on tuffers online soon....i need some cheap microfibres off ebay....:rofl:

just waiting for the link to be found..:whistle:

and smurfy hope he doesnt lose his foot:eek:

You can buy sill brushes cnc http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-super-lite-radius-sill-brush-range-for-full-information-click-link-below.html, but you can usually see any cobwebs left on the glass and just rinse them away. Clean your brush often too. Just a quick flick with the palm of your hand usually gets rid of cr@p.

Advertisement

keir

Also cnc what you will soon realise is that pure water makes cobwebs congeal, so anything that is mixed with a cobweb like dust or feathers or just shite in general seems to get all wrapped up in the cobweb and pulls off or flicks off the brush real easy and leaves the brush clean

keir
So what have you actualy changed Richard as looks the same as the old one with just the corners rounded off to me?

Smurf i never saw the originals but that stock looks dinky compared to what i imagined after seeing mark munro's vid, the the stock in that vid looked brick like whereas this one looks quite slimline.

cheapncheerful

ahh with you now....its all a learning curve....i may play with banana tomorrow...

tuffers they wont let me buy that brush...they are mean....

and yes i now realise cleaning the brush regular is a job you must do....must keep learning...thanks lads..

Smurf

I got me old diy fan jetted truck brush out today as sally sill wasn’t playing ball.:D

I forgot how good a chepo flocked brush cleans plastics....holds a lot more ubik when sprayed directly onto the bristles too :)

Are you familiar with Milky Milky @cheapncheerful ?

Tuffers

tuffers they wont let me buy that brush...they are mean....

Eh?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.