Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One leads to another...

Smurf

Was at a job today then whilst working got asked by 3 more ppl in the same street for quotes. Got all of them booked in too for full exterior deep cleans so was not a bad result.

Brilliant vac for the dosh Tolish :thumbsup:

I just changed over the drum so using me old omin one that has the 100mm inlet to 51mm cuff for the hose. The motor head fits perfect to the old drum too./emoticons/smile.png

Good going smurf:thumbsup: Hows that new vac treating ya?

good boy for not tile walking...very ...snap ...snap ....dodgy...once went up to repair on a roof and managed to break five one after the other...oops....apparently...they were a non standard size and they were too big ...and this made them very weak..:eek:now you tell me....

Oops!

good boy for not tile walking...very ...snap ...snap ....dodgy...once went up to repair on a roof and managed to break five one after the other...oops....apparently...they were a non standard size and they were too big ...and this made them very weak..:eek:now you tell me....

lucky i just had enough spare ones from another job...but i was ever so careful up there afterwards...quite funny really...i heard one crack so moved to another which cracked and so i moved to another.......hmmm..makes you think....

The only advantage with a 100mm inlet the bend gets blocked less frequently than smaller inlets as wet gutter crud does build up and blocks them up whatever inlet size you have on the vac.

Sounds good, i bet that 100mm inlet is needed. I'll keep checking ebay for a second hand one me thinks.

Likewise using a 51mm hose and poles is less likely to get blocked but still can as wet crud starts sticking to the inside of the hose and poles aswell. When this happens I've found the poles & the hose starts to get heavy when sucking wet sludge and roughly half way down the length of the hose is where the hose gets blocked mostly. When this happens you will notice a drop in suction so that's the time they need flushing through with a hosepipe and/or suck through a bucket of water to try clearing them out. Same goes for the drum filter as this needs to be checked and cleaned regularly too...

Depends what size guttervac nozzles/bends you use and what are you attempting to suck out of the gutters will determine how often they get blocked aswell. You can get all sorts in gutters from the usual tile grit. moss, sods, plants, sapling trees to roofing nails, broken tiles/mortar and tennis balls. Also you can find the strangest of things in them too. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just had an enquiry come through to clear & clean the gutters on this one.

View attachment 2792

Could they not have built those detached houses any closer :confused:

That's a guttervac job if I have ever seen one as you can't get the ladders set up down the sides safely so I would have been stuffed without one. Bearing in mind how awkward that one is to do both sides it's not going to be done cheap either.

How odd are folk....

Just popped out to do a couple of quotes

1. Got that job mention above because the chap said he didn't like the chap last time even though I was a lot dearer.

2. Lady said an old handyman that cleared her 3 sided guttering last time happened to upset next door because he got in a strop trying to put his ladders up on their property without asking first. So I asked how much did she pay last time then said sorry I'm going to be a lot more than that guy. Anyhow I gave her a price and left it at that as they have someone else coming out to give them a quote on Friday. Just so happens to be the same guy the first one I quoted did not like. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I love a bit of tile walking...15stone ish and I don't break em

Must be my ninja cat like reflexes;)

yeh its not so bad if you have done it a few times but i hate first cleans and tile walks...scary...but now...i have my friend banana...and wfp....so dont care much anymore...bin on one today...right across the front of the house...and on an extension at the back ...the very very pointy ones.../emoticons/biggrin.png

them houses are a wee bit close mr smurf...hope i dont get asked to do them gutters...:eek:

I tend to do a lot of awkward access jobs like that @cheapncheerful.

That's one of the reasons why I would never be without a guttervac as not all jobs you can set a ladder safely down the sides of houses etc

I should have taken a pic whilst doing the quote for you as both gutter runs were about a foot apart at the top as the two houses are so close together /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back