Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rshandyman

Gutter camera

Neil

Yeah I figured that one out earlier but the delay is hassle for gutter cleaning I reckon unless you take photos I spise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rshandyman

So You both have the same camera and delay time is different?2 seconds is fine but 7-10 probably to many.

Smurf

Like I said before it's 1-2 seconds that's all as just tested it again. Also I knew beforehand it had this delay before I got it for gutter clearing :rolleyes:

Advertisement

Neil

There cheap anyway and on the plus side I can use it for karting [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smurf

I did a quick gutter clear by ladder on a front of a house earlier as one of the brackets needed sorting . There was approx one metre return on the end wall that I could not get my ladder set due to bushes being in the way on next door side so to check if the downspout and gutter was clear.

To be honest without a camera I would have been stuffed for sure. Turns out was all clear and took me no time at all using my new gopro guttercam. If it had been blocked then I would have had to setup my guttervac.

Customer was impressed by my kit and reassured by seeing the vid that part did not need doing :D

Smurf

Some pics cut from the vid I took using the gopro of the awkward bit I was on about

5915ca0d7ab9d_GOPR0171awkwardladderaccess.jpg.4033af51d5f754fea0e00e5a5ae087c3.jpg

5915ca0d81ac0_GOPR0171polecamclear.jpg.b940d2b5d45b6e86e1bc2ebe433a40b4.jpg

5915ca0d87fcb_GOPR0171downspourtclear.jpg.adad8dde437b036492837afc8ca4859e.jpg

Job done ;)

rshandyman

I have to say nice quality pictures...Do you need that remote to take a picture or you can cut it out of the video with software?

Smurf

At the mo for inspection work as I'm waiting for some bits I've ordered to arive I just set the gopro to record a vid then stick it where I want it to go. Then bring the pole back down and stop it recording. It has a bacpac screen fitted so I can playback the vid and show the customer.

To save pics from a vid I just connect the gopro to my pc and copy & past the vids to a folder. Then open the ones I want in realplayer where you can pick the individual frames you want to save as a pic.

Once I get the iphone tough case & quick realse strap mount for my pole I will be able to view and take pics there and then through the gopro app on my old ipone 3gs attached to the pole.

Smurf

I can't see any need myself for that remote but would have liked the black edition gopro instead of the silver as it's a better spec camera

rshandyman

is it worth to paying more as the difference between these 2 is not huge?especially for gutter cleaning?

Advertisement

rshandyman

the pictures looks fine to me I will get silver one without remote control I guess.

Smurf

True but I just like to have the best but was so disappointed when they did not have any left in store that day when I needed it.

Smurf

But I'm not going to do a test and drop it from 20-30' from the ground to land on concrete to see what happens that's for sure. :D

Advertisement

Smurf

Just a quick update of the bits that I ordered that came today for those that might be interested

Dirtproof Boot Silicone Protective Case Cover Soft Rubber Skin For GoPro Hero 3+ [blue]

Item Number 291185058403 £3.99 GBP 1 £3.99 GBP

The silicone protective case doesn't fit a gopro waterproof housing if you have a bacpack lcd touch screen & back door fitted so for me it's no good as I like to have the screen fitted. Oops!

Tripod Mount Adapter Replacement Part For GoPro Go Pro HD Hero 1 2 3 3+ Cameras

Item Number 291141692198 £2.95 GBP 1 £2.95 GBP

Handy mount to have for tripod work not that I will be use it much though

For Gopro Hero 3+ 3 2 1 Camera Motorcycle Bike Handlebar Seatpost Pole Mount New

Item Number 301232156491 £3.45 GBP 1 £3.45 GBP

Excellent mount to fit a gopro to the top of any type of wfp pole top section but is to small for guttervac poles nozzles.

3-way Pivot Arm screw & Motorbike Roll Bar Mount For Gopro Hero 3+/3/2/1 New

Item Number 291183221628 £5.99 GBP 2 £11.98 GBP

This mount fits my 135 degree omni guttervac nozzle well

Adjustable Running Sports Armband Case Arm Bag Holder Case For Various Phones UK [iphone,Iphone 4/4S,Black]

Item Number 301220726958 £3.25 GBP 1 £3.25 GBP

This armband case is not waterproof but does fit both the gttervac pole and wfp ok. I also found out you can use the phone on inside of your forearm/wrist too which is a handy option to have when wanting to see what you are doing. When using this which will be most of the time I will put the phone in a clear plastic bag so it don't get wet when it rains.

GO81 2X Decoded 1680mAh Battery + Dual Slot Charger for GoPro Hero3+ Hero3 301

Item Number 181132195316 £13.59 GBP 1 £13.59 GBP

Not arrived yet but will give you my thoughts later on

More to follow:D

Smurf

Quick update as the so say waterproof phone case and mounting strap bracket arrived today.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120897492612

In my opinion is not worth £30.48 as the case looks like cheap plastic and is not fully waterproof either. I found this out when dunked it in a bowl of water the inside of the case got wet (no phone in it as I'm not that silly). Then on further inspection seen the split/hole for the power socket for the phone in the rubber seal. Therfore I will not go dropping it into water but should be fine for the odd rain cloud I hope

The mounting bracket for the phone case is also cheap plastic but does work on a variety of things including a pole upto 38-40mm.

Another use is the case and mounting bracket could also come in handy if I just want to use my iphone 3gs as an inspection camera on its own attached to the top of a pole. Just need to set the camera recording before sticking it up where I want it to go. That's my backup plan that is if my gopro doesn't want to play ball.

Was only 4 left so I decided to buy one. So that's my survey pole kit sorted now:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120897492612

[media]

[/media]

rshandyman

I am not worried about the phone my Sony Z1 is waterproof-checked.

Advertisement

Smurf

I'm still buzzing like a little kid as the phone worn on me forearm/wrist looks so cool.:rofl:

Not only that I swap arms quite a bit and move the guttervac pole in different directions/angles when clearing gutters. So for me it will be far better to wear the phone on my left wrist than trying to keep moving the phone mount around on the pole so I can still see what I'm doing. :)

Smurf

I've found those guttervac pole can get alot heaver when crud starts sticking to the inside of them also the nozzle & hose :rolleyes:

Unless you meant something else :D

I find it helps to swap arms now and thenclear.png

Smurf

Two handed for me especially pole work. Mind you I can still trad like this for about 13 seconds then I'm fooked for the rest of the day :D

[media]

[/media]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.