Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nce job to day

tench0771

1525727_1464046587190670_1167225426569735932_n.jpg

Nice pic:thumbsup:

You also need a mircrolite standoff bud as will make jobs even easier & safer to do;)

ide use one for cleaning mos out but i find ladder on wall is easer to clean the cladding under the gutter but i will get a micro.lite at some point there a very handy tool:)

I did this one today...cleared the gutters then cleaned all the plastics afterwards without the need to use any ladders at all which made a nice change. ;)

Ladder minimisation policy & all that...not only that they can get bloody heavy to cart about for an old timer like me :D

View attachment 2865

ide use one for cleaning mos out but i find ladder on wall is easer to clean the cladding under the gutter but i will get a micro.lite at some point there a very handy tool:)

What do you reckon @J D ?;)

View attachment 2871

I had it set on wide angle to record the vid whilst doing the guttering inspection then in real player saved this pic from it to post it on here.

There was not much in that one :D

Other option was to get me ladders off the van and maybe do some tile walking to have a look without my gopro so saved me loads of time and effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
There where 2 gutter runs in all on that one you could not have inspected them by ladder safely. The little one on the side would have been impossible to get to by ladder due to a very narrow gap between the side of the house and next door double garage which was inline with the end wall of the house. Not only that trying to get a ladder up on the corner next doors their tall shrubs were in the way.

Looking at tenchys pic does no one use that ally bar that clips between the legs on the ankalad

I have been but it's another thing to go get out of the motor

If you have one in your motor then probably best to put it on.

Looking at tenchys pic does no one use that ally bar that clips between the legs on the ankaladI have been but it's another thing to go get out of the motor

i take it you knocked something off the price as the gutter was empty mr smurf..:whistle::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

great pic though..

Do you have to have a harness or anything like that to do gutter cleaning off a ladder or is it ok to just go up as normal with this kind of set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My price is to check & clear gutters & downspouts where required so NO I did not knock anything off the final bill /emoticons/biggrin.png

i take it you knocked something off the price as the gutter was empty mr smurf..:whistle::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
great pic though..

If you use an ankalad and microlite is is about as safe as you can be without scaffolding

Do you have to have a harness or anything like that to do gutter cleaning off a ladder or is it ok to just go up as normal with this kind of set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ladder is not doing to go anywhere when using an ankalad & microlite standoff resting on roof tiles but you still might so you need to concentrate on what you are doing. To my knowledge that setup has never been tested with someone taking a fall whilst strapped to the ladder using a harness. After saying that I sometimes use a vertical lifeline & harness on that ladder setup like this.

[media]

He looks like he knows what he is doing

I've seen plenty of people who think they are safe but actually clueless

Even rock climbing you see some idiots who are close to actually being suicidal

I did a 3 sider gutter clear & all plastics today. What a frigging nightmare to clean the plastics that was so had to use me ladder like @tench0771

Tried wfp first with ubik no good.

Tried hypo no good

Eventual had to do it all by hand using scrub pads and.....?

You will never guess what I used:D

Back