Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

tench0771

Nce job to day

andy w

I hope you charged accordingly When you said yes :rofl::rofl:

Smurf

Well my reply was that will be xxx amount but sorry I'm fully booked up and can't fit you in until next next spring.

I was fooked if I was going to do another job like that ever again.:D

andy w

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's how I feel some days! I was sick of gutters and fascia/soffits the other week :hey:

Smurf

That's got to have been my worst job to date and I was really peed of trying to scrub years of black crud & thick water stains off the plastic.

andy w

I did a conny roof the other week that was like that, it had not been cleaned in 15 years it was minging , I hated it :(

Smurf

That's the problem with neglected old plastic as can be a barstuard to get clean. I've found newer plastic is much easier to clean as mostly comes off just using wfp pure or even tap water.

andy w

I agree, it made me laugh as the customer when I had finished said can you get my finials back to white ! I told her, you don't clean it for 15 years then expect it to look brand new! Needless to say I did not get a tip :gush:

Smurf

:rofl:

I would have said something like "that's not included in the price but will attempt to clean them for you while I'm here for xxx amout" :D

5915ca0d7375a_ConservatoryCrest.jpg.811c9fcaced0ca452013a68c07988ba5.jpg

cheapncheerful

i always say it takes a few cleans...and it does sometimes...:D..thankful i dont do a lot but the top finials are a real pain to get into all the small bits...

Smurf

That's why I charge a good wack as they can be a real pain in the arse to get clean

i always say it takes a few cleans...and it does sometimes...:D..thankful i dont do a lot but the top finials are a real pain to get into all the small bits...

Dave B

Some people are beyond help

I done a guys house once..all glass plastics conny gutter and it took ages..said if you wamt it doing again give me a shout

His reply was I had it done 20 years ago if I'm alive in another 20 I'll give you a call

That was the windows also

rshandyman

How can you get to finials to clean them as they are over conservatory

Dave B

Was a naughty boy today

Did a townhouse with velux on the roof

Got anlalad out and clmbed on roof to do first clean on them

Will be poling in future

rshandyman

Yes with wfp but I am thinking is it safe for me and conservatory even with ladder.I am heavy.

mrtaytay
Was a naughty bity today

Did a townhouse with velux on the roof

Got anlalad out and clmbed on roof to do first clean on them

Will be poling in future

I have done that loads of times. I have a policy of not doing It now as its a little bit dodgy. I just pole it. I either squeegee off or, if the velux is small, I have a marine drying cloth bundled up in a clamp on my pole.....just dry it off like that....does an excellent job.

mrtaytay

Big velux windows are a pain....particularly in the blazing sun. Will be a backpack job in the near future

Smurf

I don't understand why cleaners struggle/take risks to clean velux windows like that when most spin around and can be cleaned from the inside by the customer :confused:

rshandyman

customers might not want to do them.at the end of the day they pay us to do the job;)

Smurf

Well I suppose it's upto the individual cleaner if they want to risk life and limb to try cleaning roof windows :rolleyes:

cheapncheerful

you mean there are windows in the roofs...oh ...i never see them:rolleyes: