Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easy carpet cleaning tips: remove stains and odours from your carpets

smbwichita

Top Tip: Regular maintenance of your carpet will help make deep cleaning it easier. Carpets need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas that are prone to dirt. This will prolong the life of your carpet and prevent a build-up of dirt.

Tried and Tested Carpet Cleaning Tips

How to use powder as a carpet cleaner

Using powder is a great way to clean your carpet. This is the best strategy for cleaning your carpet with powder, whether it's a powdered carpet cleaner or baking soda:

1. Sprinkle the powder liberally over the carpets.
  2. Leave the powder for at least 30 minutes – but if you can leave it overnight, all the better – this time gives the cleaner a chance to work, softening the stains and consuming the odours.
  3. Vacuum up the powder when you’re done.

How to use carpet shampoo

Carpet shampoo is another popular way to clean your carpets. There are many different brands of carpet shampoo, so make sure that you follow the guidance on the label.

1. Make up the solution as directed on the packaging. In many cases, the product will need to be diluted with water.
  2. Use just enough carpet shampoo to cover the area.
  3. Do not make the carpet too wet – not only is this a waste of detergent, but it’s also going to increase drying time.
  4. Scrub on the particularly stubborn areas using a hard-bristled brush.
  5. Let the carpet dry.
  6. Vacuum the shampoo once it has dried.

Many Carpet cleaning professionals cleaning methods when cleaning the carpets but the best carpet cleaning method used by professional cleaners is Carpet shampooing in which a foamy fluid is distributed over the Carpet and then washed with the heavy brush.Then through vacuum cleaner soil and residue is removed.

Many Carpet cleaning professionals cleaning methods when cleaning the carpets but the best carpet cleaning method used by professional cleaners is Carpet shampooing in which a foamy fluid is distributed over the Carpet and then washed with the heavy brush.Then through vacuum cleaner soil and residue is removed.

Ha ha shampoo foamy fluid is a carpet cleaners worst nightmare! !

Having run an carpet and upholstery cleaning service I would never use "shampoo" style cleaning products.

And never scrub the carpet it will displace the fibres especially if wool.

My advice get a professional in.

I've never had a problem with my Vax, great bit of kit, would get laughed at on the pro scene but it does the job.

Latest Posts

Back