Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you give discount?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

To someone who owns a few houses and wants the gutters clearing on 4 of them and they are all in the same road? Plus his plush house. The 4 houses are on a busy road with no rear access from what I can see on Google maps. Mr :ninja: phoned and wanted them doing for £30 each :laugh:

Think I'll pass on this one.

Madness, why does he assume he can suggest a price?

Hi Mr Builder, can you build me an extension please..........I'll give you £250. :rofl:

The access alone is enough to put you off doing just one of them! Reckons last year a bloke ran a hose pipe along the gutters and blasted the **** out. I told him straight that I wouldn't do them cheap. If he can afford 4 houses to rent out, he can afford to maintain them!

Dunno, depends if access is that bad or not. If they were done only a year ago and no trees about likely to be fairly clear still, with a gutter vac going along 4 houses in the same street, take no time at all.

Dunno, depends if access is that bad or not. If they were done only a year ago and no trees about likely to be fairly clear still, with a gutter vac going along 4 houses in the same street, take no time at all.
2 next to each other, one 5 doors down and 1 across the road. It's a very busy road too. Getting to the rear looks like I would have to go through the house or garage. So all properties would have to be unlocked. Also, he said some tenants were complaining of water getting in, which means a they are blocked badly.

I'm supposed to be having a look on Friday, think I'll forget to go /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hmmm if water getting in then yeah, and also if access is a pain in the ass then would want more money, I would go and have a look though, never know access might be easier than it looks on google /emoticons/smile.png

Also the landlord might have keys for them all so might be able to get access easy enough anyway.

Just because he is one our barter friends I would want £30 upfront for each property just to do a proper gutter camera survey and nothing else. Then if he wants to get his mate in with his hose all be it /emoticons/biggrin.png

I still can't get over that mansion that @cheapncheerful done inside and out for £75 /emoticons/biggrin.png

The old boy grandfather barter friend was sat on his ride on mower watching him doing it too. Then made sure he wasn't missing any windows out by asking him have you done so & so. WTF :laugh:

I still can't get over that mansion that @cheapncheerful done inside and out for £75 /emoticons/biggrin.png
The old boy grandfather barter friend was sat on his ride on mower watching him doing it too. Then made sure he wasn't missing any windows out by asking him have you done so & so. WTF :laugh:
Blimey, that's definitely cheap and cheerful lol

er i cant get over it either....all quite so far....hes not been back....mind you...some dodgy techniques were involved in finishing on time.....maybe the sun shone the next day....ooops:)

I loved the bit when you said you just waved your cloths over the leaded panes so it looked like you were cleaning them and was busy working :rofl:

yeh it did kind of knock some of the muck off but....i was finishing at four...i had to match the other idiot that apparently could clean from 9.45 till four for £75...

it is with out a doubt a wfp job and i just dont have the water to do it...all heavy leads....even so ...you want a fair wack for working them hours...the front was in full sun as well....our friends do like a bargain...but i not so cheap any more..:rolleyes:

i predicted a november call back ....we shall see..../emoticons/smile.png

I don't think they will be calling you again somehow...:rolleyes:

yeh it did kind of knock some of the muck off but....i was finishing at four...i had to match the other idiot that apparently could clean from 9.45 till four for £75...
it is with out a doubt a wfp job and i just dont have the water to do it...all heavy leads....even so ...you want a fair wack for working them hours...the front was in full sun as well....our friends do like a bargain...but i not so cheap any more..:rolleyes:

i predicted a november call back ....we shall see..../emoticons/smile.png

Back