Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How high???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

How high can we go up a ladder without being stung by health and safety? I have to repair some gutters and clean them . Here's the pic

92b37f187bc1cdb9ff879d708ea849e5.jpg
27244989e05910c4ff11c1fcfee91af9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a bit high for me mate. I don't even like doing windows at that height, let alone the gutters. But I wouldnt have thought you were breeching health and safety regs if you are self employed. Interesting to see what others say though.

How would a roofer fix a broken tile on that building? He'd get his ladders out. Plenty of grass to dig the feet of your ladders in there apart from that side bit.

The company that manage it have said to me to quote it and he doesn't want anyone falling off the ladder whilst doing it he said would you use cherry picker or scaffolding? I would like to say to him it can be done by ladder i won't be fixing the gutters my mate will (he's a roofer) I will use the gutter vac. Do you reckon I would be ok to use the ladder?

How would a roofer fix a broken tile on that building? He'd get his ladders out. Plenty of grass to dig the feet of your ladders in there apart from that side bit.
Very true

Some pics of the gutters on this property I have quote
ee255e74467cfd940fd8786f41fba27d.jpg
91f1d2fa83ebcb0dcaae8b50fcb08b45.jpg
38fa1763aa696d5ec22ed76632d7da19.jpg
f8b7cd25453ac5a62401714a8cc3d55f.jpg
4735b06088a95e0c8fc534fc6b9d6c37.jpg

:turd: me up and i am sat in me chair....i have been up that high on a triple rope ladder in my youth hired from the local hire shop but....its pretty scary stuff...hmmmm i think a smurf price is needed.../emoticons/smile.png

oh poop you just reminded me i am on a triple storey tomorrow and ....he is due to ask for his gutters to be cleaned....

yep i have to say....my ladders seem to be staying on more than off the roof rack these days.... banana saved my life on friday time wise...

standard ladder insurance is for up to 10 metres [ tho you want to check cos some insurers only cover up to 7 metres or 6 metres only ]

that job you need 10 metre insurance and for sure dont go doing that job alone - price high enough to allow for a helper

ahh and i just told my new insurer yesterday i only go up 5metres.....well every penny counts...

There looking 2k on scaffolding all the way round for some reason I reckon they will get a cowboy in

If the guttering needs to be repaired also the roof valleys cleared etc then they should comply with H&S regs and pay for scaffolding as cherry picker would have limitations due to access and surface it could work on.

Back