Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I must be getting soft in my old age

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I must be getting soft in my old age as I unblocked a downspout for free today.:rolleyes:

What do you reckon?

Well there is that I suppose but I forgot my clanking metal bucket /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well it was a freebie just to sort out a tennant that was giving a housing association a bit of grief. I had to go to see all the properties in question anyway to put in a quote for a yearly clean. So whilst I was there I killed two birds with one stone so to speak. Now the contact from the housing association thinks the sun shines out of my **** @norm /emoticons/biggrin.png

The lady was so greatfull I sorted it out there and then I got invited in for coffee & biscuits too /emoticons/smile.png

If I accepted every cup of tea I would manage about two houses a day I reckon. Don't even like the stuff lol

This was the pic before it was unblocked so never assume it's ok just because you cant see any **** growing out of the top of a downspout.

View attachment 3225

The three inch screw that you can't see in the pic going through the bend joints was a bit of a give-away why it was blocked :D

I don't mind stopping for a cuppa as is all about building bridges and you will be supprised what useful info you can gain. Also they will often try and help you get more work too.;)

If I accepted every cup of tea I would manage about two houses a day I reckon. Don't even like the stuff lol

I will let you all know if I win that job after my good deed /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've also added the work I did today onto the quote and more some as you do:)

WTF is going on in here...

@Gav, I think someones hacked smurfs account.

It has just been confirmed I won that job so I'm not going soft after all /emoticons/biggrin.png

So it appearers the sun is still shinning out my **** too :laugh:
smurf when the sunsets...lol

ee7601590f9cc3a676bfc76b273f228f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love all this sales marlarky but bloody hate having to graft afterwards...**** it I'm going for a nap now /emoticons/biggrin.png

seeing as you added it back into the quote i am not so sure smurfs free is the same as mine..../emoticons/biggrin.png

way to go though....

i used to do free stuff but then i thought....i bet they dont even know i am doing it so....i leave it now....even if its so in reach and easy to do...

i did have to mention the three leaking gutter joints on one house though as the wall was going green and the dripping on my head and my clean windows annoyed me....i got the job and fixed it all...its amazing how long people will leave stuff rather than getting it dealt with...

Well that's another little sales tactic out of the bag so hope someone finds it useful in future.

Back