Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mastic gun

Smurf

I had to get a mastic gun today as my old one had gone rusty. I thought oh look a plastic and metal one that should be good. Nope it broke as soon as I used it so I took it back and changed it for the same type again. That one also broke as soon as I used it FFS. Why do diy stores sell shite? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Right smurf, you've helped me out with many purchases since I got here, so allow me to do the same with you.

This is the Cox caulk gun. There are many like it, but this is mine:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/p-c-cox-easiflow-gun/79714

It lasts forever, never breaks down, costs pennies, and best of all its British made. Its the only one I would ever buy now (but mine still havent broke).:thumbsup:

Thanks but that was the one that went rusty. Mind you I did leave it outside for about 3 years. Oops!:laugh:

I would have gone to screwfix this morning but the best way to get to it they only have closed the rail bridge off so the traffic would have been a nightmare. Instead I headed towards my job and picked one up quick on the way as you do. All I needed it for was to block a small hole up to stop bees going into the top bay window roof void again next year. The things you do for customers... mind you I stung her on the exterior clean /emoticons/biggrin.png

Funny, I needed a gun today and couldn't find mine - same as above too!

Anyway… bought a cheap metal one and used it - the gun bent! I kid you not, I was wondering why was nothing coming out. As I looked closer the body was bending away as I pulled the trigger. What junk!

yep i gave mine away to my dad as i have two....er...but wheres the other one.....i dont think i will buy a cheap one after reading these posts...reminds me of a certain car foot pump i had.....i carried on using it for ages but it was a bit er...bent..bloody chinese...but...i think they are getting better...slowly...

Seems alot of diy stores are buying in cheap china **** that are not fit for the job.

Seems alot of diy stores are buying in cheap china **** that are not fit for the job.
Fck diy stores. I always shop in trade stores like B&Q tradepoint, ridgeons, screwfix, wickes etc. If something is ****, the shop gets a load of angry builders whinging, so they make sure the stuff they sell is up to the task.

Back