Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the most

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

What's the most you have quoted to clear approx 5m gutter run on any easy access mid terraced front with one downspout?

Most will say they charge say £2 per metre which would = £20 or would maybe charge £25 per side... why?

I generally price on how long I think job will take plus a bit extra as there is always a snag you hit along the way you don't foresee. its ok pricing on size but if its crammed full as opposed to Just needing a general tidy up then for me its 2 different prices.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Why I ask I had a chap phone me up and I gave him an estimate of £65 after looking on google maps to do that job over the phone which is now booked in. He is willing to pay £65 because he knows the job will be done safely and properly. Should take me no longer than 15 mins to do then on to the next one...Kerching /emoticons/biggrin.png

Why I ask I had a chap phone me up and I gave him an estimate of £65 after looking on google maps to do that job over the phone which is now booked in. He is willing to pay £65 because he knows the job will be done safely and properly. Should take me no longer than 15 mins to do then on to the next one...Kerching /emoticons/biggrin.png
£260 an hour pro rata :clap:

All that matters is that a quality job is done by a person that takes pride in his work and of course that customer is happy which he is with price so no probs. Also what I have learned is to price on the whole job from setting up equipment carrying out work and clearing up. Once you have finished Job and you feel it is overpriced you can adjust when job is done if you conscience is telling you to do that. Always better to over price then adjust.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

I do very few gutters,i tend to just charge £25 and generally im prepared to spend up to an hor for that, but usually 30 mins

Well I was not joking when I said there is good money to be made just clearing gutters but lets not forget is still a dangerous and dirty job so I price accordingly no matter how small the job is./emoticons/wink.png

£260 an hour pro rata :clap:

I charge £25 per length on a normal sized terrace if they just want it scooped out and the down-spouts cleared, if they want the fascias, soffits and guttering cleaned as well I charge £50 per length.

I am slowly upping my prices ...I don't do so many as I don't advertise gutter cleaning much...but ...it can be a nice earner...if you don't mind that er....aroma....hmmmm ....its just lovely....:rolleyes:

I did a sudden burst of gutters last week and I liked mr giggles oh sorry diggles the best...

well he wasn't in.....yeeehaaa as smurfy would say...and I am a good shot with the hand fulls of sh it ....

it is quite dangerous though....I got spattered in the eye....just cant see me putting on goggles just yet but...it makes you think...I still remember the late great fred and his pidgeon poop cap....

actually mr gig.diggles has a nice tip for you if you don't know it...I didn't know it actually at the time but as I slipped the ladder down I must have caught the end cap on the gutter....so he phoned me up and told me thanks for doing the gutter but the end bits hanging down....so I said....oh...I will do that when I pick up the money...:thumbsup:

I know for a fact that the decorator over the road always leaves a brush ....

I was a bit worried I had broke a bracket but was quite pleased to see it was just the end cap...

so I picked up my money just missing the dog sh ite on the pavement ...some people...

unfortunately although mr diggle..got it right...was out simple simon the gardener was removing the ivy just where I had to go to put the end cap back...I was rather hoping he would offer me his ladders as I told him what I had to do...fell on deaf ears..

so I got my ladder off and fought through the trees and set it up ....I was just going up when simple simon said...I will hold the ladder for you...hmmmm...it didn't really need holding....five second tap later I was just going down when simple simon said...can you just get them bits of ivy off whilst your there....? ahhhh not so simple after all....maybe....me the simple one...:rolleyes:

charged £20 per side to clear....only one downspout and I had already seen one side...well I had actually been called from an old posting as roofman....bit old for roofing jobs now....but mr diggle had a rubber mat around his soil pipe and it had blown up...so I just said a fiver to get my ladders off...yep too cheap but....I only pushed it down and retentioned the wire that was holding it down..

of course ....he said...canyoujuster....get that grass out of the downspout....that was another climb...I nicely dropped it onto his flags and showed him later and then....said....yes your gutters want cleaning...so ....one job can often lead to another...

I did tell him I did gardening jobs too....I don't think simple simon knows what a brush and shovel is.....

nighty night tuffers......oh took me forty mins to clean em....the other side was nicely mostly over a flat roof...I even used his bucket as i didn't want to get mine dirty.....

That ladder looks a wee bit steep to climb too if I may so myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

it was a bit of a tight fit in amongst some trees...but it couldn't slip at the bottom i was very careful so as not to damage the trees...:rolleyes:

actually if you throw all the shi te into the ivy it just disappears....yeeeehaaaa ..

er @Gav can i have a cowboy smilie

People want a quality job and aren't just focussed on price. Its worth taking the time to buid a business focussing on quality jobs and service rather than getting the work because you are the cheapest.

if you want to get work by underpricing jobs then the time will come where you will be the one being undercut.

And more importantly they want the job done safely too without damaging their property.

Like one of the quotes I did today the first thing the customer asked is how am I going to reach the awkawrd gutters set back in on the roof dormers etc.

People want a quality job and aren't just focussed on price. Its worth taking the time to buid a business focussing on quality jobs and service rather than getting the work because you are the cheapest.
if you want to get work by underpricing jobs then the time will come where you will be the one being undercut.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want my honest opinion you are totally off your rocker cnc and you should know better ffs:rolleyes:

raise your prices and get rid of the jobs like that. then you can change your name to cheerfull /emoticons/smile.png

Back