Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kev

What is the best and cheapest way of going about creating a website for my business

kev

Would appreciate some advice on creating a website guys from those of you who have some knowledge

kev

Would appreciate any advice on creating a website guys

Advertisement

rshandyman

Good question.I need to set up my website as well so it will be interesting to see what others say.

cheapncheerful

me being cheapncheerful pays nowt....I am with moonfruit...me likes free..

gonna get a new site soon with a slightly different name....

Smurf

Only £14.99 per year for hosting

domain names from £3.35 yr

Then have a play with wordpress to make your own website

tench0771

njones is the man ive hurd his sights r the bomb also hurd dogger is good to not shore as ive not got one or used any of the names menshend:p

SPCleaning

.Kev, you created two threads with the same title. I have merged them together and will now move the thread to Managing your business to aid future searches. :)

Advertisement

Smurf

Like what?

kev
Or if you want a pro site built for you then contact @Njones instead

Ok thanks for the advice mate i shall check them all out, but that one looked pretty good

kev
.Kev, you created two threads with the same title. I have merged them together and will now move the thread to Managing your business to aid future searches. :)

I know mate i thought i might have to put them into the wfp thing and the traditional on, but thanks lol i will learn how to work this properly yet haha

kev

I'll have a look at that when i get a minute too cheap. Thanks for your help guys

SPCleaning

No problem Kev. Happy to help.

I know mate i thought i might have to put them into the wfp thing and the traditional on, but thanks lol i will learn how to work this properly yet haha

Advertisement

Guest boarcity
Would appreciate some advice on creating a website guys from those of you who have some knowledge

iv had a vistaprint website over 4 years and its paid for itself 100s of times over . i read about their websites on a diffrent forum a sheffield windie wrote they were good , easy to set up if you are a dummy , cheap as chips -- that was good enough for me!

what i like is that you edit the content yourself,so you can change it often as i feel fit, whereas you use a web designer itll be when he wants to .

i think i pay about 8 quid a month for mine which is 3 pages , i bleve its a fiver if you only have 1 page

cheapncheerful

I at the mo as you know am aiming for the cheaper sector and so I now plan one for the smurf sector...

planning on bespoke window cleaning services...

and of course to go with roofman .....welcome ...gutterman...

though...it may be a while yet...I dont know where I get these ideas from:rolleyes:of course when I pick up the phone I will add an irish charm to my voice and that good ole silver tongue...

mind you ...yesterday got all the jobs on my sixty quid post the other day so I am going to be busy next week...

kev
No problem Kev. Happy to help.

iv had a vistaprint website over 4 years and its paid for itself 100s of times over . i read about their websites on a diffrent forum a sheffield windie wrote they were good , easy to set up if you are a dummy , cheap as chips -- that was good enough for me!

what i like is that you edit the content yourself,so you can change it often as i feel fit, whereas you use a web designer itll be when he wants to .

i think i pay about 8 quid a month for mine which is 3 pages , i bleve its a fiver if you only have 1 page

That's good to know boar, cheers i will have a look when i get a minute

Simply Business

Wordpress is definitely an easy-to-use option and some templates (even the free ones) look really good.

There's also sites like http://www.wix.com/ which can be alright.

As boarcity said, as well - vistaprint is a very good option!

Smurf

Trouble is a lot of web creator packages available you can get with hosting they tend to be very limited to what you can actually do regarding layouts etc. Most importantly are generally very restrictive for search engine optimisation. Out of all of them I would say wordpress is probably the best to build a site.

SPCleaning

I use Yola.com. I like that I have control over the content and can change it as often as I like. It cost £17 a year for the bronze package.

Advertisement

kev
Wordpress is definitely an easy-to-use option and some templates (even the free ones) look really good.

There's also sites like http://www.wix.com/ which can be alright.

As boarcity said, as well - vistaprint is a very good option!

Ok thanks

Guest boarcity

one place to avoid is gettin a website with yell . a windie i know went with them and it cost a fortune due to trickery , he then found he couldnt cancel easily and when he eventually did they held on to his name .

kev

Ok mate, i've looked at a few of them and picking little things up along the way, the pros n cons

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.