Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got quite a big house, four sides of house's guttering, how much?

slippy

Got a reasonably sized house four sides of guttering need cleaning and fascias and soffits. How much? It is a two storey house. In Bournemouth.

You should work out what you would be happy with for the amount of time it takes and charge that

eg. A 4 hour job needs to pay at least what 4 hours on the glass would

All my family are on the south coast and they can afford a decent price round that way..

Don't ask me as I get shot down by Tuffers all the time
what do you call reasonable size could end up being a mansion can't it cheapncheerful
The cheek of it :mad:

A rule of thumb, well my thumb. £1 per bracket to bracket on a gutter, so if it's S/F/G then £3 bracket to bracket on the gutter, plus a bit more if the price doesn't add up to a fair whack /emoticons/smile.png

I start at a £1 per metre as tuffers said bracket to bracket and thats for black gutters and white fascia soffit up another pound for white gutter..and up another if we spy them dreaded vents..or do a runner..

yeh and as tuffers said...I not very good at measuring...so you have to add a bit.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I started a full f s g job at 10 this morning trad on a 4 bed detached and was finished about 1300

Easily more than half a days pay for it

Closer to 3/4 days pay for 3 hours work

Have you thought about buying a backpack @daveyboy1, filling it with tap water and using a pole and chems. Don't know if you've done any with a conny in the way, but it makes life easier :thumbsup:

Wouldn't £1 per metre be hardly anything? I prefer daveys method, guess the amount of time/earning required, add a bit on incase.

For above example I'd prob say £120 - £150

Have you thought about buying a backpack @daveyboy1, filling it with tap water and using a pole and chems. Don't know if you've done any with a conny in the way, but it makes life easier :thumbsup:
I keep meaning to get a backpack and was going to before end of Jan but i keep getting sidetracked

Wouldn't £1 per metre be hardly anything?
No, not really when you can fly round with a WFP. Not many houses have just a soffit, a fascia or gutter to clean. It's usually a minimum of 2 of them. My house is a normal 3 bed with 10 gutter brackets at the front. It would take me 20 minutes to do an S/F/G on it and I would earn £30 by my way of quoting.

Not a bad add on service me thinks.

yah scared of the force daveyboy../emoticons/biggrin.png

thats all me wanted a price to give ...it makes it easier..but dont forget the smurf tax..

I did a bit of fascia cleaning today. It was a bit of a favor for family selling a house. Looked rubbish after using wfp, looked better but I was no way happy with it. Good job it was a favor not a proper job!!

I get such hit and miss results with this kind of work I find it impossible to quote accurately.....definitely my least favorite job to do!!!!

I was going on the fact my house is around 4.5m wide, so to clear the gutters would be £4.50 a side. I think I mis-interpreted the question, I thought it was gutter clear, plus scrubbing the plastics :-(

I did one weekend.as you describe tuffers, and charged.... £30 /emoticons/smile.png

Managed with a sprayer with ecover and hot water, followed by wfp pure. I think I Got lucky it was a bit dirty but scrubbed to clean quite easily

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer to call it arsehole tax myself if they want to try playing mind games

yah scared of the force daveyboy../emoticons/biggrin.png
thats all me wanted a price to give ...it makes it easier..but dont forget the smurf tax..

Even the smallest job you should be able to get at least 35 - 50 squid per side clearing gutters and at least the sames for cleaning the outside of guttering, fascia & soffits.

Even the smallest job you should be able to get at least 35 - 50 squid per side clearing gutters and at least the sames for cleaning the outside of guttering, fascia & soffits.
So for a bog standard 3 bed semi you would charge £100+?!

...in Mayfair, Chealsea, and smurfsville ;-)

I think in my area I'd be undercut for sure in all seriousness

Sorry I can't to tell you that as I know of at least two of my competitors are on here but if you would like to wear one of my t-shirst I sell for 199 + vat I might tell you then again I might not /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back