Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

Jake

For an average conservatory roof I usually charge around £40 for the roof and the gutters,

But I'm starting to get a bit fed up of charging £40 when I could do 3 houses in half the time and make the same money, so I'm thinking of charging more! Yesterday I quoted a roof/gutters on a ladies conservatory and quoted £70. I thought the lady would be in shock at that, but to my suprise, she thought that was very reasonable!!

Time to stop worrying so much about prices me thinks...!

There not the easiest jobs, plus we have to take time out of the window cleaning to do them, so really I think I should be charging more, as it takes a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did one today for £90, an average sized one. I tend to clean the lot as I don't see the point of doing just the roof as it looks a half finished job. Try upwelling whole connys @Jake and you can earn more wonga.

Oh, and I had a Frank moment and knocked the crest off /emoticons/biggrin.png. Fortunately it was one that slides into place, so I waited for the owner to bugger off out and then got up there and put it back :whistle:

dont do just the roof even if asked cause it wont look the part to it all fully done average sized roof and conservatory come in at 100 depending how bad it is as will take few hours giving time to pack up etc dont cut =urself short

Never takes me that long!

Yeah I always do gutters as well as roof of the conny, never usually takes more than an hour and half though, depending on size...

Just thought it was about time I upped the price, as could easily clean windows and make 40-50 in 90 odd mins...

wen u come to a real bad one all round it will lol:p and best to allow the time as wen i started i was bit cheap and found myself stressing about time etc when u stress about the time it taking an that is when u make mistakes and ...........

DA .........DA............DA. EL FRANKO MAKES HID debut on a conservatory roogf lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

Frank still has not mended that one he put a hole in a panel....I hope it don't rain /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's a rather a long story but the motto of the story is don't use a micrlight standoff on a conservatory roof. Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

wen u come to a real bad one all round it will lol:p and best to allow the time as wen i started i was bit cheap and found myself stressing about time etc when u stress about the time it taking an that is when u make mistakes and ...........
DA .........DA............DA. EL FRANKO MAKES HID debut on a conservatory roogf lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

If I see one that bad the price will rise significantly! Perhaps £100 at least...

I think £70 is gonna be my new standard for the average size conny...

Ive got a medium sized conny to clean, in and out windows on conny, but outside on roof only plus 3 bed house windows. I quoted £100 and woman agreed. Should take about 2 hours or so. £50 an hour isnt to be sneezed at. Nice ...

I find it’s quite easy to get a good whack for deep cleaning manky conservatory roofs. Most are real pigs to clean access wise and takes a lot longer than you think to do properly so I charge accordingly.

I soon learnt it can be very hard and time consuming work so I don't do cheap jobs anymore.

100 is my minimum now. That's for a manky one though, not regular. There are firms out there charging eye watering amounts for this work so my prices are slowly creeping up. Put in the time and polish up the upvc and you can charge accordingly.

I had an answer phone message about from someone who 'wanted to know more about conservatory cleaning' so I call him back and it turns out he was another windy. Fair play for him being straight up and telling me. He said he can't make any money cleaning them as it takes too long and did I have any advice. He was only charging £50 so I told him just to double it!

Should work out about free then!

I have heard £700 up from them. A customer called them up recently, they said how many panels, it was 7, a poly roof. The price...£700!

They were offering £250 off a full valet last time I looked at their site

Should work out about free then!
I have heard £700 up from them. A customer called them up recently, they said how many panels, it was 7, a poly roof. The price...£700!
And people pay that! :eek: Rip off in my eyes. I had one customer ask me to clean his conny roof and I charged him my normal rate. We got talking and he said he had a bloke come round to quote and spent about 3 hours noting things down. His quote was either 3 or 5 grand, I can't remember which now, but it was at least 3k.

Latest Posts

Back