Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamangler

Lost a Custie to VISON!

adamangler

Good video Johnathan, im much more thorough than that, i scrub the frames properly then rinse them, then do the glass, you seem to only go over the frames briefly and do not rinse them as such, the glass you rinse really quick, i tend to rinse slower letting the water fall in front of the brush head, you seem to have rinsed to the bottom and the water is still sheeting as you move the brush away, maybe its the higher flow rate or im too thorough, i will have to have a play on my own windows.

As for the original point of this thread, i was not undercut they quoted the same price, they had just managed to convince the custie they are shinier with the additive and the customer seemed to agree, anyway i got my own back yesterday by ringing them for a free clean, there coming next monday lol. After theyve been ill ring them and tell them there was a problem with the additives they use giving a dull finish.

Natty1972

Js video is spot on bud . About the shine , my experience ,the windows shine aswell without vision ...its in your head like I said vision is great for rinsing like js is doing on his video

Danfire

Glad I don't have the likes of Jonathan for competition, I would be out of business. Think I need to up my game.

Advertisement

Smurf

I also think the shine thing is in people’s minds as all glass shines in the right light. As mentioned before you can look close at what appears to be very shinny glass but it can be filthy too. :rolleyes:

peter rogers

@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames

just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Poles Apart
Back to your thread , I personally think your have been undercut . Whether you use vision or not .....but changing just for the shine mmmmmmmmm

Vision is good for rinsing .....I used it for three months .. Had issues with the storage of it ... The inducer way looks a very good way of using it , I would have no storage issues then . Mmmmmm

Storage issues?

Jonathan Sanderson
Yep was on about the one over the conny, my lady is the best window cleaner in the world and noticed it first. The problem with this video as well is it's "ideal world" work, no cars in the way or snagging no clutter in the garden or cr*p and no houses to go through or gulleys, some of my work takes 10 minutes to access. Also earning ten pound for that doesn't mean he's earning £60 an hour, he may have to drive to the next job and set up or any manner of things that mean your not continually window cleaning it's not as simple as that.

@Poles Apart @Tuffers

The window directly above the Conny is a bathroom frosted window.

For all frosted glass I only rinse on the glass. Anything else is a waste of time and water. :)

Jonathan Sanderson
@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames

just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Spot on mate. It's all about learning your limits and what you do and don't need to do.

I could have easily spent 2 or 3 times as longer on this property but the results would be no better.

High flow rate on a maintenance clean means one pass with the brush on the frames is sufficient to take off the small layer of dust that Is on the frames.

Guybrush

How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?

I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.

Jonathan Sanderson
How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?

I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.

I don't want to seem biased as I'm involved with jigsaw innovations and the sale of vision etc. But personally I was using it for well over a year before we even thought about selling it, and at that time I used it because i felt the benefits were fasting rinsing, better cleaning power on things like bird muck and snail trails, and a better shine.

Duncs

going back to the video yeh it was quick, quick

but i have learned something , first thing I done this morning was up with the flow

jonathan is right so much quicker

remember he has had no complaints about his windows,

that is how I judge how good i,m doing .

customers will soon tell you if your below standard

Advertisement

adamangler

Certainly would make a massive difference to earnings being able to do say a semi in 10-15 mins rather than 20-25 mins, i think its something worth experimenting with and like Jonathan says only do what need doing.

RealKidJoker

Does anyone use vision with 25l drums on a trolley system?

tench0771
This is a video I recently did to show some how I worked.

This property is a 4 bedroom detached house (WITH CONSERVATORY)and takes me just over 10 minutes to clean. All frames,ledges and doors washed down.

I also know that I work to a high standard. I never get complaints and regularly check my work. All work is referrals etc, so I know I'm not splash and dash.

I also know that I'm by no means the fastest. Some on here would knock spots off me.

Point is that 10 minutes for a 4 bedroom detached is easily achievable and doesn't mean that quality is lacking.

[media]

[/media]

nce tecneek jonny thats

how i clean and similer speed one thing i would have done different is ide clean the top rite then the top left then the middle then the conny then the windows below the top rite an left due the the water driping down ect . the thing is every type of glass is different some take longer some r faster to clean its all about the rubbers that hold the glass in my windows r a pain an need to b done with extreme care to get no runs but the new glass with a tiny rubber if u no wat i mean can b bashed out twice as fast

Alien Human
Spot on mate. It's all about learning your limits and what you do and don't need to do.

I could have easily spent 2 or 3 times as longer on this property but the results would be no better.

High flow rate on a maintenance clean means one pass with the brush on the frames is sufficient to take off the small layer of dust that Is on the frames.

Hey Jonathan - impressed by the vid :thumbsup: Just wondering how high you have the flow rate on for maintence cleans.....roughly? Cheers fella.

Jonathan Sanderson

This video I did is set to private aswell. So only you guys and whoever had the link can see it.

I think if a lot of people realised how fast and efficient you can be with WFP there would be more cleaners out there.

as has been said though, I might be making nearly £1 per minute on this property, but never in my years of doing this have I earned that over the full day. I wish I came even close, lol.

You've got to factor in all your costs and traveling between jobs, dealing with customers, prepping your van etc.

I do love my job though, and I think it's this fact that makes me constantly think of ways I can make my working day as smooth and efficient as possible.

A few have poked fun of me in buying an gardiner extreme 18 foot pole, but It's made a massive difference to my working day. Little things really add up. A minute here and a minute there can mean an extra house done every day. Even if that was just £7, times that by every working day of the year. It's massive.

Next on my list is to make my van set up more efficient with underfloor rollers and remote control power up reel from waterworks. This should mean I real out my hose to the furthest point, then as I work back I can remotely reel the hose in.

I know I'm sad.....Saturday night and I'm thinking about my WFP setup. Hsha.

Jonathan Sanderson
nce tecneek jonny thats

how i clean and similer speed one thing i would have done different is ide clean the top rite then the top left then the middle then the conny then the windows below the top rite an left due the the water driping down ect . the thing is every type of glass is different some take longer some r faster to clean its all about the rubbers that hold the glass in my windows r a pain an need to b done with extreme care to get no runs but the new glass with a tiny rubber if u no wat i mean can b bashed out twice as fast

Yeah definitely know what you mean mate. I normally do to, but these windows have really deep ledges so after 10 seconds or so there's no drips. Your right what you say though.

Jonathan Sanderson
Hey Jonathan - impressed by the vid :thumbsup: Just wondering how high you have the flow rate on for maintence cleans.....roughly? Cheers fella.

I have my flow control set to 085 mate. And I use wider pencil jets (3 mill) so I get more flow rather than pressure.

About 2.5-3 litres per minute at the brush head.

tench0771
Yeah definitely know what you mean mate. I normally do to, but these windows have really deep ledges so after 10 seconds or so there's no drips. Your right what you say though.

ah i c thats the thing every house is different no to r the same nce vid m8 :cool::thumbsup:

Advertisement

peter rogers

WOW ID BE FAST AND MINE IS AT AROUND 65

wats underfloor rollers @Jonathan Sanderson

and the power up reel id hold off on as i know a guy who has one made nd getting them made baulk are u n fb ??? if so il ad u and get u to see the reel hes building also do u have pics of ur van set up

and not sad at all i think about work flat out i didnt think about poles like that and u really do think the extreme saves time etc ? to me a pole is a pole i recently made a 5ft pole its handy diy job

Alien Human
I have my flow control set to 085 mate. And I use wider pencil jets (3 mill) so I get more flow rather than pressure.

About 2.5-3 litres per minute at the brush head.

That's higher than I was expecting (was thinking about 060 from the vid).......but I am going to give it a go so will crank it up a bit more! Cheers :))

Natty1972

3mm jets .... I wonder if Richard sells them for his brushes .....never heard him for a while

Tuffers

How much water are you getting through per day Jonathan? It's been an odd week for me as I've come close to running out of water 3 times. I carry 500L and have my flow set at 50.

Natty1972

I thought I used a lot of water 250/300 litres per working day .

tench0771
How much water are you getting through per day Jonathan? It's been an odd week for me as I've come close to running out of water 3 times. I carry 500L and have my flow set at 50.

same ear mine is set at 50 perfect flow i think to mch can cause problims from my experence

Advertisement

peter rogers

i use around 600 a day

Jonathan Sanderson
WOW ID BE FAST AND MINE IS AT AROUND 65

wats underfloor rollers @Jonathan Sanderson

and the power up reel id hold off on as i know a guy who has one made nd getting them made baulk are u n fb ??? if so il ad u and get u to see the reel hes building also do u have pics of ur van set up

and not sad at all i think about work flat out i didnt think about poles like that and u really do think the extreme saves time etc ? to me a pole is a pole i recently made a 5ft pole its handy diy job

The rollers go under the van and let you have all the doors shut and you can still reel the hose out, and the remote control reel would reel it back in as I walked back etc.

There's a few vans I've seen with it and looks awesome.

I am on Facebook mate, that sounds interesting about the reels.

Jonathan Sanderson

I have a 650 tank in my van and never run out. Usually about 550 litres a day I reckon.

peter rogers

@Jonathan Sanderson i added u mate

also ur friends with peter rutherford check his friends for sebastian mcluskey he is designing a amazing reel far stronger etc

Jonathan Sanderson
@Jonathan Sanderson i added u mate

also ur friends with peter rutherford check his friends for sebastian mcluskey he is designing a amazing reel far stronger etc

Will do mate. Thanks for the heads up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.