Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest boarcity

jehovah window cleaners

Diwrnach

Oh and don't pull the "you can't prove he didn't exist" card, that is just silly, the burdon of proof is on the person making the assertion, if I told you there was a big green dragon behind the moon it would be up to me to prove myself right, not up to you to prove me wrong.

Diwrnach
My experience started with a prayer (an Invitation) and resulted in a physical encounter which changed my life. Reading the book came after.

I just read your page, in your own words "At the time I was taking anti-depressant tablets, which caused me to have irregular heart rhythms. This was worsened by caffeine and sugar. I was also suffering from insomnia"

Then while having not slept for a long time you had a vision of Jesus after asking to see him, now I will openly admit now to when younger taking a lot of drugs and not sleeping for long periods of time, I have seen, heard and been touched by much more impressive things than jesus, this my friend was your own mind, you were having a trip.

Advertisement

Jake
God bless you all, nite nite :).

You'll probably awake to a 50 page debate in the morning,

Right now it's early in the day here in uk, so this thread will go ballistic in the next 12 hours :rofl:

Diwrnach

Look up DMT, its responsible for all these life after death experiences and is in large amounts in our brains, please look it up and don't assume to know what it is.

Danfire

If you all set up a direct debit into my account I promise that when you die you will float off to a magical wonderland where you will live forever, if you like I will also turn that old crippled body and mind into a young, healthy one...could you all hurry up and do it sooner rather than later, I've got a pig of a first clean lined up next week that I'd rather not do.

Jake
I just read your page, in your own words "At the time I was taking anti-depressant tablets, which caused me to have irregular heart rhythms. This was worsened by caffeine and sugar. I was also suffering from insomnia"

Then while having not slept for a long time you had a vision of Jesus after asking to see him, now I will openly admit now to when younger taking a lot of drugs and not sleeping for long periods of time, I have seen, heard and been touched by much more impressive things than jesus, this my friend was your own mind, you were having a trip.

You don't see things when drinking coffee on anti depressants :rofl:

Give it a rest D, we know how you feel...

Diwrnach
You don't see things when drinking coffee on anti depressants :rofl:

Give it a rest D, we know how you feel...

I can tell you right now from experience, if you want the very best hallucinations don't sleep for awhile.

Jake

You can't prove he didn't have a real encounter either,

It's changed his life, so it was clearly a very real encounter, think of the millions of people doing drugs that see things, it always makes them more paranoid and more messed up, never better, he's now off anti depressants and sleeping well, so it's contrary to the norm, (I know this first hand having lived with a heroin addict for 2 years, hallucinations don't change people's lives for the better, they make it worse, they certainly don't bring piece and then good nights sleep)

Back to work now, rains stopping.

Diwrnach

You have to look at these things critically mate.

He was speaking to Christians while on anti depressants and not sleeping while also having heart problems, not a good state to be in, the Christians filled his head with loving Jesus will save you stories, he then, while in a very bad way prays to see him and get help from him, low and behold he does.

We have two possible explanations here, the first is it really was Jesus who took time out of giving children bone cancer to come and give him help, over all the starving children he came and touched his arm and helped him (just out of interest here as this would be very interesting, can you tell me when he came to you, and be honest here, was he a white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes?).

Or we have an, actually he was heavily medicated and lacking sleep and hallucinated it.

The fact that this hallucination had a positive impact really isn't relevant, I had loads of good hallucinations, but I always knew that is what they were.

Advertisement

jimmyboots
Did you know the oldest bible in existence doesn't even mention Jesus? how odd is that?

Also about that Kind james bible that a large amount of Christians follow, here is an original found where they have gone through it and told them where to re write and change it http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/28/handwritten-draft-of-king-james-bible-discovered-reveals-no-divine-powers/

That is the oldest version of the King James version. Not of the Holy Scriptures that the bible is from.

Original Text comes from the Holy lands. The Dead sea Sea scrolls date back to around 500 years before Christ (old Testament).

There is so much to debate about here that it is not worth getting into in text. I respect your beliefs, or none beliefs :D.

But... If I put a cup in front of you and told you that the cup wasn't made. it formed itself naturally through nature, you would think I was mad. A simple cup... Yet look around you at everything that is on this Earth, and space, the planets solar system and beyond all working in perfect sync, and you think that it all formed itself through time. Doesn't it make sense that there has to be a Creator??

Jesus lineage is named in full in Mathew 1:1-16 every male name going back to Abraham.

Abraham's lineage is named in full in Genesis.

This wont mean anything to you though if you think it's just a big Fairy tale :D

Diwrnach

You mean the same Abraham that heard voices telling him to kill his own children? we have a name for that now and we lock people up in padded cells for it.

So your argument for a creator is that everything must have a creator?

Who created the creator? who created the creator of the creator?

Diwrnach

The bible says that when jesus returns all the stars in the sky will fall to earth, to even consider writing that, let alone writing it tells me one thing, the person who wrote it had absolutely NO IDEA what the hell they were talking about, how can all those suns that are all massively large then our planet fall onto it?

Its all stories to help people explain things, why is there thunder, God did it, why are we here, God did it etc etc, we have gone a little bit past that now.

jimmyboots

I repeat

But... If I put a cup in front of you and told you that the cup wasn't made. it formed itself naturally through nature, you would think I was mad. A simple cup... Yet look around you at everything that is on this Earth, and space, the planets solar system and beyond all working in perfect sync, and you think that it all formed itself through time. Doesn't it make sense that there has to be a Creator??

Guest boarcity

ages ago someone told me that glass isnt rock solid .apparently if you pushed your finger on it long enough [i think its 1000yrs or so] your finger would pass thru the glass . pointless info but summat to keep up your sleeves to pass on to jehovas at your door

Diwrnach
I repeat

What that reads to me is....

I don't want to understand science, its too hard, God did it.

I also repeat, if everything requires a creator as you suggest, then who created the creator?

Advertisement

Diwrnach
ages ago someone told me that glass isnt rock solid .apparently if you pushed your finger on it long enough [i think its 1000yrs or so] your finger would pass thru the glass . pointless info but summat to keep up your sleeves to pass on to jehovas at your door

This is I believe true, over a long period of time glass will drip, it isn't entirely solid.

Guest boarcity
This is I believe true, over a long period of time glass will drip, it isn't entirely solid.

praps it was you told me this !

Diwrnach
I repeat

See you start this entire thing from a biblical stand point that everything is working in harmony, the universe if you spend even a small amount of time studying it is far from all working in harmony, stars are exploding, galaxys are colliding, black holes are destroying stuff, its chaos out there it isn't some harmonious perfection, just like the age old "the earth is perfect to support humans" argument often given by the religious while ignoring pretty much everything is trying to kill us and most of the planet is covered in water.

Diwrnach

Not sure which part you disagree with, but the latest figures suggest around 15% of the entire planets surface is capable of being inhabited by humans without massive efforts being made.

Doesn't seem perfectly designed for us to me.

SkulBlaker

Had a good read of the comments here, and I would like to ask a coulple of questions, why if there is only one creator why are there roughly 4200 different religions in the world each with their own varied history and belief system, is one religion right and the others are all wrong? Also, do aliens exist? If we were created are there other planets out there with life on who were created by someone(thing).... And as another person said, who indeed created the creators.. That would then turn into an infinite question. Someone also said you can't see gravity and oxygen but we have the means and abilities to know and have concrete proof they exist.

I have said before I do not believe in any God in any shape or form. Never have and never will (unless the bugger physically stands in front of me and shakes my hand and I have at least 5 witnesses during the event). My wife believes in a God and that's her choice, I would never try and sway her mind and I keep my opinions on the matter to myself and she does the same, I stand be and listen to her tell my children about her beliefs and its up to them to take from that as they wish. I can't understand the logic in believing in an almighty being, who can allow so much devastation and misery to happen to the thins that 'He/She' has created. I lost my dad when I was 21 to a brain hemmoragh when he was 45, this was a man who protected his country and family during his 22 years in the Army, fighting in the Falklands war and having to search his car with a mirror on a stick during the IRA peak, a car which his wife and 2 kids had to travel in. Explain that to me, and the millions of others on this beautiful world who have been kicked in the balls by something that they or no others had any control of.

steve garwood

Agree there is no proof Jesus exists, but scientists have no proof there was a big bang either.

Advertisement

Neil nowdownunder

That's a fair argument, but how do you explain that since that "experience" I've never had Rapid Atrial Fribulation since and I was on that medication for a quite a few months after the experience. That night my heart was fixed and never played up again - just an amazing coincidence????

steve garwood

My sister said Jesus walked into her b&b, threw some nails on her reception desk and asked can you put me up for the night?

Jake

the Big Bang theory takes a huge amount of faith to believe, nothing came from nothing.... And exploded, then everything was perfectly formed for life to amazingly come about by pure fluke... You need a lot of faith to believe that

Dave B
Look up DMT, its responsible for all these life after death experiences and is in large amounts in our brains, please look it up and don't assume to know what it is.

Dmt is present in large amounts in the brain and is also the most illegal drug in the world to be caught with..you can actually make it from certain varieties of grass with the right chemicals to isolate it..my mate has synthesised it on many occasions. .smoke a bit and 20 minutes of the most intense trip of your life then fine afterwards :rofl:

Glass is technically a liquid..weird innit

the Big Bang theory takes a huge amount of faith to believe, nothing came from nothing.... And exploded, then everything was perfectly formed for life to amazingly come about by pure fluke... You need a lot of faith to believe that

The big bang has been theorised by very clever people from strong evidence to suggest it happened and until someone can prove otherwise it is the most likely theory

The higgs boson (smallest particle proved to exist) was a theory which has been proved last year by very clever people

Scientist have shown how the quarks etc that make up protons can be in more than one place simultaneously

Yet no one can prove religion

More people believe religion than scientists..i find that worrying

Neil nowdownunder

I totally get what many of you say here. I was there myself only a couple of years ago. We live in a world full of injustice, greed evil etc. The truth is there are many good things also happening in the world. We only get to see what the media decides to throw on our screens. Christian helping drug addicts and prostitutes change their lives, building and manning schools in third world countries etc. very rarely see the light of day on TV. Be aware our outlook on life is not only shaped by our experiences, but also the slanted perspective the media project to us.

The concept that a loving God came to earth as Man and gave his live for us all I admit is a difficult story to believe. All I can say is that when I reached rock bottom, I humbled myself and prayed that if he existed would he please come into my life. I know I had a very real response from him. If you really want the truth what have you got to lose. The worse case scenario is that your talking to yourself (that's how I looked at it) the upside is just incredible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.