Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Almost ready to take the plunge over to the darkside

kev

Ready to change over to wfp after 19 years of traditional, i'm shitting myself to be honest :confused:. Any advice on changing over would be much appreciated. Already got a quote for a van mounted system. I'm currently trying to sell part of my round to finance it then i should be good to go o_O

It might be worth rigging it up so you sell on the non believers, just in case you encounter resistance you can have a guy to pass them on to at a price. Customer gets there tradder, and you get some money from someone that would have walked anyway. Lemonade out of lemons mate.

just remember kev selling part off your round!! you are going to be so much quicker WFP19 TRAD
I dont want to sell it mate but i've but i've been left in a position where i need to. Had a guy giving me a hand with it as a lot of it is high work but he keeps letting me down. Ideal situation would be to get the wfp and keep all the round but i need to sell to finance it and then plus i'm not having to rely on anyone else for the time being. I've still got 300 houses left to keep me going if i sell part of it. Problem is they have only ever been done traditional so i'd have the job of converting them over. It's a plunge into the unknown. I've been mulling over it most of the year

Kev why would you sell off some of your round just to go wtp. I have been window cleaning for over 30 years and even though most of my work is wtp . Its not without its problems including running costs. Yes its faster how much faster depends on how good you are trad Yes it makes a lot of jobs easier, but how much more do you think you will earn .

It might be worth rigging it up so you sell on the non believers, just in case you encounter resistance you can have a guy to pass them on to at a price. Customer gets there tradder, and you get some money from someone that would have walked anyway. Lemonade out of lemons mate.
I can see you're point mate but the round is in two sections. The part i'm selling is 16 miles away and it is a week and a half over due at the moment so that is the part i just need to sell as one lot

Kev why would you sell off some of your round just to go wtp. I have been window cleaning for over 30 years and even though most of my work is wtp . Its not without its problems including running costs. Yes its faster how much faster depends on how good you are trad Yes it makes a lot of jobs easier, but how much more do you think you will earn .
The reason i'm selling is because it is too much to get round myself in one month mate. The work i'm selling is too dangerous to do on my own but it would be a breeze doing it wfp but i need to sell to get the wfp system. It would keep me up to date in the winter. Last winter was a nightmare. It just takes too long doing it trad on my own

Yep I agree

A round is worth so much more than some equipment which will be worth nothing in 10 years

Your round will be worth maybe 4 times that in 10 years ...

Also you will eventually eat up the work on WFP and you will prob get round it all

The reason i'm selling is because it is too much to get round myself in one month mate. The work i'm selling is too dangerous to do on my own but it would be a breeze doing it wfp but i need to sell to get the wfp system
another point to consider is you don't need to get round monthly - lots of guys on here are busy with 6 - 8 week rounds - they do stay cleaner with pure water

Get a Loan and keep your work - there's lots of cheap ways on the forum to setup a van

still think if you have loads off graft two man team WFP you will fly through your graft

tell your custys you are changing over to WFP mainly for health and safety

get as much info as you need here and you wont go wrong

i,ve been WFP two years never looked back

To get your money back from your investment you need to be getting thru more work

Otherwise you may as we'll stick with ladder and save your dosh

Yep I agreeA round is worth so much more than some equipment which will be worth nothing in 10 years

Your round will be worth maybe 4 times that in 10 years ...

Also you will eventually eat up the work on WFP and you will prob get round it all
Yeah it would be an ideal situation to do that but i dont have the spare cash to get the gear at the moment that is why i need to sell. It's just too much to do on my own with trad methods

To get your money back from your investment you need to be getting thru more workOtherwise you may as we'll stick with ladder and save your dosh
if he has loads of work he will get through quicker and be in position to take on better graft.

Yeah it would be an ideal situation to do that but i dont have the spare cash to get the gear at the moment that is why i need to sell. It's just too much to do on my own with trad methods
How much you thinking of spending mate ?

To get your money back from your investment you need to be getting thru more workOtherwise you may as we'll stick with ladder and save your dosh
I haven't got the luxury of doing that mate the work is over due at the moment. The work i'd have left i can manage to do on my own in about 3 weeks trad with decent weather. Probably 1 week + with wfp

How much you thinking of spending mate ?
I got a quote of £1800 for a 350 litre system fully fitted with brush and resin ready to go out working. That's the van floor water proofed also. The system is £780 without getting professionally fitted

Last edited by a moderator:
if he has loads of work he will get through quicker and be in position to take on better graft.
That's the way i have been thinking about it dunc. I'll be honest mate i've worked hard 19 years trad, the old bones could do with a break. Dont get me wrong i'll do it if i need to but just not got the energy i used to have to keep on top of it all properly it is a lot of work year in year out on your own

Latest Posts

Back