Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter vac

tench0771

ill b geting a nce vac with alli poles ultra lite ones for £700 all in its a streemvac hope to have it done in the new yesr with some help from @Bishy ill upload pix as we go :cool:

ive had a go on this vac and its blady power full, the suction power is very good in fact even pine needels wernt a problim for it, but im not paying streem vac prices so ill get the same vac and convert it to gutter vac

I have exactly that generator and it works fine on my skyvac atom which is 1200w. I cant imagine any problems with a 1400w.

I have the 3000w gutter sucker and the power is excellent.

Wish I went with alloy poles as the carbon ones seem to start splitting at the ends.

In fact, I used it on a job today and with 3 motors running it wouldn't suck. The filter was damp from the last job but these are supposed to be wet/dry vacs. I tried putting a piece of plastic bag over the inlet before and that helped keep the filter dry of sorts. I ended up having to take the filter out to do the job today. I'm going to end up wrecking it at this rate. Anyone else find when the filter gets wet they lose suction?

In fact, I used it on a job today and with 3 motors running it wouldn't suck. The filter was damp from the last job but these are supposed to be wet/dry vacs. I tried putting a piece of plastic bag over the inlet before and that helped keep the filter dry of sorts. I ended up having to take the filter out to do the job today. I'm going to end up wrecking it at this rate. Anyone else find when the filter gets wet they lose suction?
Hi Tuffers,I found this problem my self,and after speaking with the sales team they sent me a manual,

That stated any dry vacuming should be done with the filter in and any wet vacuuming you should take it out.

It worked a treat after that.

If you get any blockage problems, just suck up a big bucket of water.

Hi Tuffers,I found this problem my self,and after speaking with the sales team they sent me a manual,That stated any dry vacuming should be done with the filter in and any wet vacuuming you should take it out.

It worked a treat after that.

If you get any blockage problems, just suck up a big bucket of water.
Thanks for that mate! It defo sucks the :turd: up better with the filter out. I was just worried that it would bugger the machine up by not using the filter.

I like the thought of a gutter vac but then when it comes to the expense I just think sod it use my ladder and pole

Back