Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormbird

8L water heater

rcproperty
Sounds good to me.

Just wasn't sure if it left a better finish than just Cold pure.

Thanks for the reply.

Can someone let me in on how this is done. I have been experimenting with flow rate as i reckon i have been burning way too much water so i have now got my 'ideal flow' with my controller set at 30. However the issue is heater (6lpm) wont kick in below 50 on the controller.

Any advice on how to get heater to kick in at lower rates would be great. Cheers.

Yep, same as you Mr. Green. I turn my controller up to 55-60 to make sure the heater kicks in

I'm afraid that what happens with the higher litre boilers they need a high flow rate for them to work.

mates eccotemp heat that I fitted for him fires up as low as 10 on his digital controller when he used to have to have it on 45-50 with his cheap ones.

steve garwood
I'm afraid that what happens with the higher litre boilers they need a high flow rate for them to work.

mates eccotemp heat that I fitted for him fires up as low as 10 on his digital controller when he used to have to have it on 45-50 with his cheap ones.

These ecotemp heaters, I've noticed they have a pipe coming out the bottom with a shower head? If this is the 'hot water out', what are you supposed to fit our hose too?

Any pictures of the connectors at the bottom please?

Lewis

Give me 2 mins il go take one [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

rcproperty
These ecotemp heaters, I've noticed they have a pipe coming out the bottom with a shower head? If this is the 'hot water out', what are you supposed to fit our hose too?

Any pictures of the connectors at the bottom please?

they all have the same 1/2inch thread on the outlet, the shower hose just unscrews and then you screw on what you need

20151020_155455.jpg.c3d5ba977a967342b5d72e2ab047fc4d.jpg

rcproperty
14052b34ecac1609b38e8486468addb5.jpg

that's not an eccotemp boiler!

Lewis
that's not an eccotemp boiler!

Apologies thought they were all the same with fittings ect

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Nice pics, The one you remove the shower head from is the one you connect to your hose reel. Tho other one is water in and lastly of course, Gas.

rcproperty
Apologies thought they were all the same with fittings ect

no need to apologies, they are the same fittings.

rcproperty
Nice pics, The one you remove the shower head from is the one you connect to your hose reel. Tho other one is water in and lastly of course, Gas.

your getting good at this! lol

a* for you sir

steve garwood

Yeh I know that as I have a fogwash heater.

However, my connections are brass hozlelock type, so I just fit female connecters' on the end of the water hoses and click them on

Advertisement

Lewis
T

THanks Lewis

Welcome Pal

Guest tlwcs

Good thread..I have a 3k immersion element in a upright 500ltr tank.

The trouble is it sits too high in the tank and only heats 60% of the water, this can't be cost effective for warm water at best. Then at the weekend I have to put a fan heater to protect against the cold.

Now to decide which gas one to buy ☹

Tony

rcproperty
Good thread..I have a 3k immersion element in a upright 500ltr tank.

The trouble is it sits too high in the tank and only heats 60% of the water, this can't be cost effective for warm water at best. Then at the weekend I have to put a fan heater to protect against the cold.

Now to decide which gas one to buy ☹

Tony

immersion heaters are a lot more unsafe then these.

Due to the power they draw they have to be plugged in on a separate circuit and not a normal extension lead or plugs used, if not then it can cause overheating and that can lead to an electrical fire and could either set fire to the house or van or both,

Lewis

How do you guys get insurance for your heaters and gas, I really struggled with mine?

Lewis

Who you with mate?

rcproperty
Who you with mate?

been with a few over the time,

Aviva, post office, and now van direct,

Advertisement

Guest tlwcs
immersion heaters are a lot more unsafe then these.

Due to the power they draw they have to be plugged in on a separate circuit and not a normal extension lead or plugs used, if not then it can cause overheating and that can lead to an electrical fire and could either set fire to the house or van or both,

I am aware of that.

An electrician fitted the correct socket (16amp?) to the outside of my house.

Tony

rcproperty
I am aware of that.

An electrician fitted the correct socket (16amp?) to the outside of my house.

Tony

cool, as long as that socket is on its own circuit from the fuse board and own fuse too, plus heat proof wire from that socket to the immersion heater.

Guest tlwcs
cool, as long as that socket is on its own circuit from the fuse board and own fuse too, plus heat proof wire from that socket to the immersion heater.

Yes all good ta. He also kept the length of the lead to a minimum.

The point is these gas heaters seem to be better than heating water with an element.

Tony

rcproperty
Yes all good ta. He also kept the length of the lead to a minimum.

The point is these gas heaters seem to be better than heating water with an element.

Tony

its good to hear that someone has done it right for a change. nice one!

gas heaters are better than element, more heat control can turn heat up and down anytime you need it, and cheaper to run

Guest tlwcs
its good to hear that someone has done it right for a change. nice one!

gas heaters are better than element, more heat control can turn heat up and down anytime you need it, and cheaper to run

Just got to say the way your van is laid out is superb, I wish I had that vision/skill.

Keep sticking pictures up!

rcproperty
Just got to say the way your van is laid out is superb, I wish I had that vision/skill.

cheers, just thinking outside the box, took a while and a few changes to get it where it is today. but there are still a lot more changes I want to do with it all. lol just finding time to get it all sorted lol

Advertisement

DanielT
it will be one of the fittings that need tightening up a notch-had that a couple of times over the years

could also be the brass cast that has split, someone on facebook group had that problem

Well I've taken the front cover off and will test it. If it's easily fixable, I'll keep it as my backup.

DanielT

Isn't vision just a gimmick?

DanielT
I've just ordered one from this company. Will let you know if it arrives!

It arrived and has been happily heating my water for the past couple of days.

kevinc250
Can someone let me in on how this is done. I have been experimenting with flow rate as i reckon i have been burning way too much water so i have now got my 'ideal flow' with my controler set at 30. However the issue is heater (6lpm) wont kick in below 50 on the controller.

Any advice on how to get heater to kick in at lower rates would be great. Cheers.

http://uk.rs-online.com/largeimages/F3956940-01.jpg

this is similar to what i used years ago when i was playing around with low flow rates/coupled with a tap washer with an enlarged hole placed in the outlet side to create back pressure

must say it worked a treat and the l5 kicked in at a very low flow rate

kevinc250
http://uk.rs-online.com/largeimages/F3956940-01.jpg

this is similar to what i used years ago when i was playing around with low flow rates/coupled with a tap washer with an enlarged hole placed in the outlet side to create back pressure

must say it worked a treat and the l5 kicked in at a very low flow rate

here the link to one similar

166701-RS | Gems Sensors Liquid Noryl 120 → 240 V ac/dc Sensor/Switch without Indicator, 10bar Pressure | Gems Sensors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.