Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

branching out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Over the last few days i have actively sought out fascia and conservatory cleaning jobs

I have had a lot of interest and have got a few jobs booked in for my quiet window week next week including a full exterior clean on a 4 bed detached

Am toying with the idea of not expanding my window round much more and organising it so i can do purely these type of jobs 1 week a month

I know i need a van which is being sorted

I have wfp

I have progutter etc for gutters with a view to getting a gutter vac if it takes off

I have 30m of hose with attachments to use customers water to wash the worst bits off roofs etc

I do ok as it is cleaning them but am sure you guys would know what is easiest

Any ideas of other tools you can see me needing would be greatly appreciated

Every time I get a gutter that is a minger I quote my regular maintenance price as we all know how long it takes to clear out certain size houses and wipe over the PVC and then I add £100 on top of the quote.

Now at this 'minger' stage they can usually see grass and trees growing out the gutters from the ground.

The reason for the £100 extra is then I dont mind if it takes two hours longer to do.

When I am done I get the diary and book them in again for 12 months time and let them know it will be £100 less as it will be an easy maintenance task and wont take so long. 80% book in annually and when I call to confirm 90% have it done.

Treat it like windows and make it a regular thing

yes I like that approach Green, thanks for sharing that, i going to use that myself.

I use my back pack and spray and agitate with 25/ 1 ubik. And I have 6ft of hose with hose locks both ends one on customers outside tap one to hose reel. And I carry the different sizes of threaded male hoselock fittings that fit on out side taps. When I do the underneath where the vents are I spray clean and then I put a scrim over my brush fix with a crocodile clip and walk backwards and wipe will come up nice.

@daveyboy1 a thing I find handy & made it up myself is I bought a 8ltre pump sprayer & made the hose longer so I could fix it to my 5m Harris pole & can reach the guttering & give it a good spray.

I have a 7l pump up jobbie @Posh

What hose did you use?

I have a spare few metres of 5mm id pole hose laying about

That's all I used. I kept it so the tap is by the pump. Joined on enough hose to reach to a normal house guttering with a joiner. My hose was only 6mm

@daveyboy1 this is one way to get gd dosh together to get a guttervac and a vanmount system these jobs pull in great money then u wont know yourself try full conservatory valet inside and out including cleaning the seals in opening windows and lubin the joints and that up you get £££ for ones u can talk into it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back