Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smear

Tomorrow's weather

Posh
predicted to be 32mph winds tomorrow, 25 is my max i work at, not worth the risk.

Was gonna say @TolishAPurd its not looking great our way tomorrow. Just been out now & its pissing down & heavy winds

Natty1972

It's been rubbish weather since 24th. October last year ...... I'm 3 weeks behind .

It's all cycles , dry spells followed by wet spells BUT this wet spell keeps on coming.........

Advertisement

Natty1972

Southern halfs turn for the high winds , enjoy:whistle::whistle:

peter rogers

aw il be on the glass for 8.30 wont be a bother doesnt look to bad for me bar a heavy downpour around 3pm

Green Pro Clean Ltd

When it comes to British weather there is no such thing as a forecast, just some blokes guessing. You can predict almost any type of weather for tomorrow and be in with a chance that at some point during the day your prediction will come right.

Yesterday is the only day where I can recall for a good while here where the rain would not let up at all.

I plan around a 5 day week. If a day gets scuppered due to weather then I have the Saturday to catch up.

Throughout 2015 I lost a total of 3 days work to weather.

Those that seem to not be able to work for days or weeks on end due to weather seem to choose to allow themselves to be defeated.

There are many days whrere I look out at shite weather at 8am and go back to bed but by mid morning or lunch the conditions are workable.

The only weather involved in weather you work or not is WEATHER you are hungry enough to make it as self employed.

Dont worry. Always jobs in Tescos or McDonalds, the other windies will look after your ex customers.

Dave B

I haven't lost more than about 2 days maximum in the last year due to weather

And that is cumulative as i think from memory i had 1 whole day off and a couple where I've managed a few hours once the torrential rain had stopped

steve garwood
predicted to be 32mph winds tomorrow, 25 is my max i work at, not worth the risk.

Not 32mph, I've just watched the bbc weather and its more like 65mph :eek:. Us southerners cannot moan though, weve had it good compared to our northern friends, so our turn tomorrow. Be careful not to snap those s.l.x poles!!

Taxlossloz

Totally agree - get out there and crack on guys ! Only weather that puts me off is 3 foot of snow and sub zero as you end up getting van stuck

Advertisement

Taxlossloz

Personally I'd rather sweep up for a day for £50 than sit around looking out window

I would hate to be unemployed it would get me depressed

Annoys me when people say they'd rather stay in bed than earn x amount

I actually feel sorry for benefit spongers ( not genuine claimers ) as they must not have much self worth

Markyboy 50
Haven't done a full 6 day week since October! Average of 3 days a week since then

U sound like me lol. Oh wait. I only do 3 days a week coz I'm a lazy twunt lol lol lol

Gav

I think the concensus is get out there. But lets not bash others that choose not to. Everyone has their personal no go limit. Some will have a different threshold than others. Its all personal opinion and I for one know I could of gone out many days in bad weather than I did when I was cleaning.

Of course I can say that now as I sit in a warm and we'll boring office.

Its hard to drag yourself out in this hanging weather some find it easier than others.

I agree its best to get out as much as you possibly can otherwise you will be well behind and out of pocket but as mentioned everyone has their own limits. So let's refrain from giving those that choose not to go out, stick. ;)

Markyboy 50

As I've said before I prefer winter to summer. I will be out at 5 on my shops as always on a mon. Not so sure about the 12 houses for the afternoon. Play it by ear

Clisty1989

I'd love to get out, my main issue is wind and ladders don't mix, don't fancy coming off the ladder. Would rather lose a day or 2 then 6-8 weeks after an accident

Markyboy 50
I'd love to get out, my main issue is wind and ladders don't mix, don't fancy coming off the ladder. Would rather lose a day or 2 then 6-8 weeks after an accident

Good point. Just do a quick method statement. Access it. I won't take chances but it's rare I won't get round.

Markyboy 50
High winds and heavy rain in south Wales, means the Mrs will have me glossing all day :(

Glossing all day?? Is that wot u young uns call it now. I will always leave some work if there's some er glossing to be done with someone's mrs;):P:D

kahoona

Well i would be out there doing it, but unfortunately have to go to Hospital for a heart "procedure", they have told me I need to under GA & will be kept in overnight! I went out today to do a couple of jobs that can't wait and hope to back out on the glass by Thursday.

Advertisement

SPCleaning
Well i would be out there doing it, but unfortunately have to go to Hospital for a heart "procedure", they have told me I need to under GA & will be kept in overnight! I went out today to do a couple of jobs that can't wait and hope to back out on the glass by Thursday.

I hope it goes well mate.

TolishAPurd

Good luck with it mate.

If you asked all the people that have ever fallen off a ladder why it happened, you will 99% of the time find out it was thier fault... even if they dont admit it. There is almost always something you can do to prevent an accident. I dont want to be one of those people at home injured because they wish they never went out on that very windy day.

Green Pro Clean Ltd
If you asked all the people that have ever fallen off a ladder why it happened, you will 99% of the time find out it was thier fault... even if they dont admit it. There is almost always something you can do to prevent an accident. I dont want to be one of those people at home injured because they wish they never went out on that very windy day.

100% agree, when I came off it was cause of bad ladder angle, when Benny came off it was cause of over reaching, when Jon came off it was cause he thought he could get away with wet shite covered decking.

The ladder is never at fault, it was laying their doing nothing till you piked it up and put it to task. Of course you should NEVER put a ladder up in precarious conditions, if you do and have an accident, well you are the one that put the ladder up. Stay home don't risk it, live to be old.

You can not put a price on life.

mrtaytay
Got a Mrs and 2 kids to feed, and haven't been at it long enough to have any savings, but I'm not gonna pack in, it's the first job I've enjoyed since I got out the army

Keep at it Clisty....your round will grow and grow....it always does.

mrtaytay

25 is definitely the max for ladder work.

Advertisement

steve garwood
41°c today 3d972ff8fc666c7829cdac2e509e41e1.jpg

Id rather work in cold than in heat anyday. Easier to warm up when working than it is to cool down

keefo

Yes think i remember you saying that before or someone on here. It is too warm. The sweat just runs down me....mixed in with sun lotion.

Guest Solarpanelcleanington
[ATTACH=full]9261[/ATTACH]

Strewth.

Bingo

TW@T ....:lipssealed:.....:hi:.....:giggle:.

:wait: ps

only joking keefo......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.