Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How old is too old

Den

just wondering At what age would most of you guys think you will retire I'm 47 and hopeing to start getting into window cleaning the next couple of months I feel I have got a few years in me hopefully lol.

What's the worst that happens to window cleaners (not falling off ladders) examples like repeatative strain injury etc.

Den.

Having had a chance to go through the forums so many posts lol but was think repeatative strain injury could be a problem I have a bit of a ankle and knee problem but not enough to stop me at the moment but who knows in ten years times.

don't think about retiring,alot can happen in 1 year when building your business,and when or- if you retire you could rent or take someone on who is trustworthy to help run your business and still earn money.buy the lightest poles,brushes etc from the outset.standing further back from cleaning a property or properties will help eleiviate neck strain

Thanks Mark good advise regarding standing back what about doing trad cleaning using ladders and any other equip etc.

i also suffer with bad knees from time to time.i take cod liver oil tablets and -is it glucostamine tablets every day.i strap my knee up when it starts causing me pain,it comes and goes.i find my problems with aches and pains start when im not cleaning windows as apposed to cleaning windows.again decent light equipment.dont buy twice,buy once

i also suffer with bad knees from time to time.i take cod liver oil tablets and -is it glucostamine tablets every day.i strap my knee up when it starts causing me pain,it comes and goes.i find my problems with aches and pains start when im not cleaning windows as apposed to cleaning windows.again decent light equipment.dont buy twice,buy once
yeh mark my knees are strapped every day at work helps loads

yeh tax WFP knackers your arms shoulders kneck not much hope for us
I've got a hairy right shoulder from ladder carrying

And hairs rubbed away off me shins and knees where rungs were

I started window cleaning as it's easier on the body than real grunt work. Don't plan on retiring.

I started window cleaning as it's easier on the body than real grunt work. Don't plan on retiring.
Exactly - spend a day doing some ground work or labouring then you remember Windows is a breeze

I have issues with my shoulder, knee, lower back, elbow, neck and sciatica

Still going strong lol

It all hurts at some point or other but wfp doesn't make it worse or trigger it

just keep going as it's when you stop that it all catches up with you

Give me a week in spain and i ache more than when I'm working

Back