Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many cusomers

Den

With hopeing to start a new round how many customers estimate would a two man team need to be profitable and realistically with lots of canvassing how long would it take to achieve to get the customers, were I live is quite a few villages and a few small towns.

Thanks.

With hopeing to start a new round how many customers estimate would a two man team need to be profitable and realistically with lots of canvassing how long would it take to achieve to get the customers, were I live is quite a few villages and a few small towns.
Thanks.
It's not the amount of customers you have, it's the amount of money you bring in from them.

Where i live in town i could do 20 jobs a day all worth around £10-£12

When i am in the village next door or in the posh side of town i can do 10 houses a day but all over £20

If you had average £10 jobs you would need 50 a week to make 2k a month so 200 monthly customers and that works out to 10 jobs a day

That would be a good start for a 1 man band

2 men then you would need double

Canvassing wise it all depends on your area and how well you can canvass but 10 yesses is a days work or less if you have nice houses you can price well

Thanks.
your canvassing effort needs to be for several years ,dont think a big push the 1st year and ur off. several years den

Thanks Daley and boar doing as much research as possible, trying to work out what to expect cheers for the advice.

Den.

Everyone is different. I work two monthly and average £22 a house.

300 customers for one man, 600 for two.

When canvassing I average about 1 an hour. That's 600 hours.

15 solid 40 hour weeks canvassing should build that two man round.

If only it was that simple.

Good luck, it must be doable!!!!

Welcome mate!! Don't forget you will also be adding in earnings for the other stuff you get asked to do like clean a conservatory or guttering or do inside windows etc

The 1 thing i have learnt over the years is 2 men working together can't work at double the speed of 1 man

Maybe @boarcity will agree i don't know but i think it is due to setting up etc still takes the same amount of time

If you are working on a house that is on it's own then you waste double the time driving to it etc as the other guy could have been doing his own job elsewhere

I think the only way that would be twice as productive would be 2 vans and split the work rather than work together

You would still earn well working together but not as much as individually

iv seen a few fail very quickly who started as a 2 man outfit . when you first start out in any business from the ground up theres going to be very little money to share out. HOWEVER i bleve its possible to do well from the off -if both newbies hammer the canvassing hard and INDIVIDUALLY. not together thats a cop out. if you can get the 2 work streams flowing in, maybe one of the guys then can go canvassing while the other cleans,it will work out.

Hi Den ive been down this route. after 30 years experience cleaning windows . I can say 100% its great having 2 of you working together its much more enjoyable. But as far as earning enough from start for 2 people its a none starter. The real facts are no mater how much canvassing you do the average time to build a good round for 1 person to earn a good living full time is 2 to 3 years.

Thank you Pete not very comforting to hear but taken onboard this a concern We have talk about this, my son will be working three days for a family friends building firm until the round starts to establish I could personally sustain six months or so on little wage. Just feel it's that time in my life for a major change so even only for the first year or so if low earning are the case I'm prepared to give it a go.

Thanks again.

Den.

collar a local window cleaner and offer to buy some work of him.it may be a long shot but hey sometimes it works TRY IT

I think it very much depends on how much wedge is a good income to you as we all would put a different figure on it. Theres a bit of negativity that i dont quite agrre with in my opinion andthats all it is so dont want to offend anyone. I totally bow to Spanish Pete's experience compared to how long I've been in the game but you can search all the threads on this site and everyone says different! I think the one true thing is there's a hell of a lot of work out there if you are prepared to go and find it and do a good job when you get it.

Thanks Mark to be honest in live in a small village don't get out much haha if I see one I will defo ask good advise.

Den.

Good reply Chris only myself and wife at home, wife works don't have a lavish lifestyle but prepared to sacifice a few quid to at least try to make it work.

Thanks.

Den

DONT forget to bang loads of adverts in your local newagents,chipshops-etc IT WORKS.you want it youll get it

Back