Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of upgrading my van to a Nissan NV200.

Andy1979

morning guys,

So I'm thinking of upgrading my Renault Kangoo to a Nissan NV200 and just wanted to ask if anyone has one and what size tank you have installed and how well you have gotten on with the van /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah I know the pay load isn't the greatest but I quite like the thought of having the extra space over my Kangoo and I only won't to fit a 500 litre tank

Yeah I know the pay load isn't the greatest but I quite like the thought of having the extra space over my Kangoo and I only won't to fit a 500 litre tank
Why not get something transit/expert size? More space for trolleys, pressure washer, barrels etc plus a far superior payload.

You fill up a 500L tank in a 730 payload, add your weight plus all the equipment, your getting pretty close to your limit

I have a nv200 as a car, the wheels are quite small, if you have any work up a country track, I wouldn't recommend, as can't heighten suspension. Good as a cheap 7 seater car, but not much safety spec for passengers. Pretty good on fuel.

Thanks for the advice guys. Been and had a look around a couple today and think you may be right Steve about getting something bigger although I did see a 62 plate Fiat Doblo that I was very impressed with not a massive van but it was very practical and modern looking and the pay load was about the same as the Nissan.

Here we are all offering advice when we aren't told the full story. Being told all the details will give us an opportunity to answer differently. It isn't all about payload, its about the total height of the van and a carport, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we are all offering advice when we aren't told the full story. Being told all the details will give us an opportunity to answer differently. It isn't all about payload, its about the total height of the van and a carport, isn't it?
Payload is essential, what's a car port got to do with it, and he's asking our opinions on the information he has given us, which is what we have done :thumbsup:

Spruce your quite right about the height /emoticons/wink.png I live in a house with residents parking around the back and have to drive under a underpass to get to my parking space. At the moment I work on my own and only have a 350lt tank in my Kangoo but I would like to maybe take someone on part time in the future all being well but don't see the point in upgrading my system to a 2 man set up with a 350 litre tank as I know it won't last all day hence why I'm looking at getting a bigger van so I can fit a bigger tank in etc.

Payload is essential, what's a car port got to do with it, and he's asking our opinions on the information he has given us, which is what we have done :thumbsup:
And that's what you and others have done @steve garwood. But you can't give the right suggestion if there is a piece of important information in the question missing. You are wasting your time and energy replying, especially if you are pi$$ed like the other night./emoticons/biggrin.png

A high roof van is out because of the height issues. The height of the van is as important as the payload, but it rules out bigger vans that he would need for a 2 man system like a Transit etc.

Maybe he needs a tailer system which he could tow with his current van. A twin wheeled braked trailer will carry a 650 liter tank.

Andy. I have a 62 Doblo/Combo. You say height is an issue, it has become an issue for me as I can not fit under the barrier at the local tip with the roof rack on. At just over 6ft 6 with rack it's taller than you think. How big is your 'underpass'? Dare I ask ! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Andy. I have a 62 Doblo/Combo. You say height is an issue, it has become an issue for me as I can not fit under the barrier at the local tip with the roof rack on. At just over 6ft 6 with rack it's taller than you think. How big is your 'underpass'? Dare I ask ! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hi mate I'm pretty sure it's 2.3 meters at the lowest point /emoticons/wink.png apart from you having a height issue with yours do you like it mate they look a good bit of kit /emoticons/smile.png

And that's what you and others have done @steve garwood. But you can't give the right suggestion if there is a piece of important information in the question missing. You are wasting your time and energy replying, especially if you are pi$$ed like the other night./emoticons/biggrin.png
A high roof van is out because of the height issues. The height of the van is as important as the payload, but it rules out bigger vans that he would need for a 2 man system like a Transit etc.

Maybe he needs a tailer system which he could tow with his current van. A twin wheeled braked trailer will carry a 650 liter tank.
Got it. So if the questions on this forum aren't perfect, no one should answer. Should be interesting /emoticons/wink.png

not sure what happened at nissan. this is another with a renault engine . nissan engines used to be the best of the best long as were made in japan.

Got it. So if the questions on this forum aren't perfect, no one should answer. Should be interesting /emoticons/wink.png
I'm not saying the answers anyone has given are wrong, but they might be irrelevant without all the facts. I'm not having a go at you @steve garwood because I personally believe your answers to questions are based on good common sense.

not sure what happened at nissan. this is another with a renault engine . nissan engines used to be the best of the best long as were made in japan.
It went a bit wrong when Renault bought out a share in Nissan. If they hadn't then there is every likely hood that the Nissan brand wouldn't be around now and there possibly wouldn't be a manufacturing plant in the North East.

I honestly believe that its all this emissions legislation that it killing the manufacturers. Toyota wasn't in a position for whatever reason to develop their own diesel engine, so the Hiace disappeared. Here's VW managing emissions by software manipulation. We haven't heard much about GM (Vauxhall) but they also have a diesel engine emissions issue.

Both Renault and GM are trying to develop eco petrol turbo engines - probably because they see little long term future with diesel in Europe. Maybe they know something we as diesel engine users don't know. If NO becomes the major taxation player rather than co2 then diesel has no long term future.

Although Ford are in bed with PSA with the Hdi engines, they are also developing smaller turbo petrol engines themselves.

Makes me think.

Nissan used a 2.5 normally aspirated diesel engine in South Africa over 30 years ago in the Nissan 1 tonne pickups. It was absolutely brilliant. Slow but lasted for hundred of thousands of miles in extreme heat and dust.

They also marketed a 1200 and then 1400 petrol engined little 1/2 tonne pickup. They were also fantastic.

All three of those vehicles stood up to my Brother's abuse over the years - so they must have been good.

the merc citan is another with the same renault engine ,another oddity

we havnt got the chinese made vehicles yet. somebody somewhere in the EU must be stopping them coming. from what i hear their engines arent anything special,but its strange the big chinese makes theyre not here yet

Last edited:
the merc citan is another with the same renault engine ,another oddity
we havnt got the chinese made vehicles yet. somebody somewhere in the EU must be stopping them coming. from what i hear their engines arent anything special,but its strange the big chinese makes theyre not here yet
Chinese vehicles were introduced into South Africa as part of a trade agreement. They didn't last 5 minutes and the public stopped buying them as they were trash. In their case the market dictated their demise.

Vehicles sold in the EU have to meet certain criteria. So the first reason is government regulations. Whether it's differing crash standards or emissions laws, some cars that are 'kosher' in other parts of the world won't get certified here.

Or they could be certified, but only after the automaker goes through an expensive certification process--something OEMs are loathe to do if the car won't sell in sufficient numbers necessary to offset the cost. An example of this that I'm more acquainted with is the American and EU markets.

The American federal government has somewhat different ideas on safety and emissions than the European Union does, and this can be a significant hurdle.

Culture plays a huge role, too. In Europe, where petrol is more expensive than it is in America, and where tight streets and a lack of parking encourage the use of smaller cars, small cars have always been more popular than they have been in the States, as have diesel engines. Not to mention, European ride and handling tastes are different than Americans. And there's a perception that not only are Americans carrying more cargo, but their human cargo is larger, too.

Using the same 'argument' British people as a nation are bigger than the Chinese. (McDonalds may be changing that though.) This is an important consideration. I found my Suzuki Carry van terribly uncomfortable to drive as the seating and position of the controls was designed for smaller framed Japanese people.

Here's an interesting article about the Fiat Ducato van's ingress into the States via its Chrysler connection.

The engines available are totally different to what are available here.

Debut of Ram ProMaster van signals sea change in U.S. RV market (Photos)

The Merc Citan is based and a Renault Kangoo with modifications, hence the reason for the Renault engine.

Mercedes-Benz Citan 2013 - Van Review | Honest John

Back