Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Virgin Ubik user needs advice please

Max

Using Ubik2000 for the first time this week on a first clean. Not sure of the rights and wrongs of using this stuff. I am going to use it via a pump sprayer for the bottom and on the brush for the tops. I am worried about plants, flowers etc as the front of the house I will be doing has lots of them around the bay window. Do you use anything else around plants? Thinking about a Bio-kleen degreaser which is non-toxic but still not 100 per cent sure if it will be safe around flowers, or should I just use elbow grease?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Can't say weather it damages plants etc. Probably say on the bottle

But as a cleaner it's great. I spray bottoms and spray brush fir tops on 10:1 ratio.

Foams up a but but that's great I've found for a 1st clean. Gives something for the dirt to hold onto and gives good slip to.

Just needs a really good rinse but overall really great product.

If you use it neat on plants (more than just a bit of overspray ) it can damage plants but i don't watch where I spray it and have never had a problem

Plus for a first clean you only need a couple of sprays from a hand spray bottle on a window so no real issue with getting it all over plants

For tops just 3 or 4 sprays on the brush will do

Just don't spray it over any ponds as the fish tend to die

Hi Max,I am only on my first 5lts of ubik,but wow really great stuff.

I would treat this the same as every chemical that will come in to contact with plant life or grass,and that is to wet areas down that could have contact with the chemical its self.

Good luck and enjoy.

I get through about 10l every month or so

Especially pretreatment of fascias and conny roofs etc

Yeah £19.60 from ebay

Well worth the money

You can get it a lot cheaper if you have a decent cleaning supplier near you

Usually around 7 quid each then

I use it to clean the bathroom

Kills any orange gunk that likes to grow between shower tiles

Makes the bathroom sink etc shine

Yeah £19.60 from ebayWell worth the money

You can get it a lot cheaper if you have a decent cleaning supplier near you

Usually around 7 quid each then
No suppliers out my way or even in norwich. Mine was off e bay. As u say. Well worth it

that house is dead cool would love to own that
Yep it's got a cracking view over some craggs too - cinema room in top - I got to clean the roof tiles next so will have some nice pics

Back