Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Expenses!

Damo

I think i have FINALLY got to the point where i have everything i need and enough spares to keep me on the road.

It seem's like every month i needed to buy something. But apart from a stingray i haven't really purchased a lot this year Oh and some univalves /emoticons/smile.png

Long live reliability lol

I've bought nothing this financial year for my business. I only spend about £100 on stuff every 2 years( not including motoring expenses)

It seems like there's always something new that I want to try out. Today I ordered a univalve, some v2 vision and a Gardiner ultimate brush amongst other things. I don't need any of it, I just like new things. Hopefully it'll be money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think i have FINALLY got to the point where i have everything i need and enough spares to keep me on the road.
It seem's like every month i needed to buy something. But apart from a stingray i haven't really purchased a lot this year Oh and some univalves /emoticons/smile.png

Long live reliability lol
You bought me an slx

Pity you won't let me take it home lol

Oh yeah I did lol.

Kept moaning about the 25 I was borrowing lol.

Maybe this thread is pointless /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think the expenses are incurred when we try to save money by starting out with cheaper gear and the attitude of 'It'll do for now'

However as we progress we go from Aluminum to glass fiber to carbon fiber poles, we could have saved cash if we did the smart thing and just bought Carbon to start with.

I am sure @Damo has had many incarnations of his set up as have I and to be honest it has taken me about 3 years to get to the point where I am happy with my gear. No need to spend cash now, just on consumables, occasional resin, replace brush heads when needed that sort of thing but unless they re-invent the wheel I don't see any big expenses at all in the future.

It seems like there's always something new that I want to try out. Today I ordered a univalve, some v2 vision and a Gardiner ultimate brush amongst other things. I don't need any of it, I just like new things. Hopefully it'll be money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I agree. I like buying new toys for work, it keeps me interested.

I agree with green here. But maybe I haven't done what I think is the right way things should be done. ... to a certain extent.

I have just bought

Exceeds blue hose

2 tubeless kits

2 univalves

Gardiners claber metal reel.

Previously I bought ( last few months)

2 x slx poles, brand new 350 tank, very good trad gear, gardiners backpack.

Also nice embroided uniform and premium buiseness cards.

I believe buy cheap buy twice. Also nice gear and professional equipment it only looks good but makes life alot easier.

Only thing maybe is I should of bought a pump and controller as I'm using a backpack and sack truck.

But then again it's working for me, and if I decide to go down this route in future then ill be sure to get a quality pump and decent controller.

Just my opinion. But I'd rather know I've done everything possible to help my work run smoothly, help avoid breakdowns as time is money, avoid aggro of replacing newish parts that were just get me buys and finally it deffinatley makes my job more enjoyable knowing I'm running with decent kit.

Just my 2p

I want the transit custom, with the 1507kg payload and a grippa tank system But that will be a big expense. Late 2017 if all go's to plan.
I have that now lol, you wont be disappointed /emoticons/wink.png

"Be carefull Dave this guy is a car valeter and is very fussy"

"Oops":rofl::rofl:

It's just the fact that 1 fell off so i went extra light on the next windows and as you walked round the corner the other hit the ground

Oopsie

Saying that mate i quoted that 1 on the way home

2 bed semi

Fascias £35 as i will already be there to do the windows and £25 for the windows as a 1 off

6 windows and 2 doors in total

Reckon about an hours work

Did another quote by text as i know the place well for £35 for windows

And just replying to another now

What a day mate

Back