Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van sign writing how to

CHWS

Finally the sign writing has arrived , what are the steps for applying it?? Seen different YouTube videos

Get a spray bottle and fill it with water and a few drops of washing up liquid.

Make sure that the vehicle is clean. Mark with chalk where you're going to apply the vinyl. Spray the panel with plenty of water/washing up liquid. Remove vinyl backing and place on vehicle. Make any adjustments (which will be easy as the vinyl will slide around on the water/washing up liquid). Squeegee the vinyl to remove all the water/washing up liquid. Move on to next section.

That's pretty much it. Make sure you squeegee as much water out as possible or it won't apply properly. My kit came with a little plastic squeegee which was about twice as thick as a credit card.

When you've finished and it's time to remove the backing paper you need to spray it again and give it a chance to really soak into the paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ah right I see , I thought it was just a case of cleaning it pulling off the backing paper and then the front paper

To be fair, it could be depending on what you've ordered.

If you take a look at my van in my profile picture you'll set the silver lettering which I applied like I explained about. Then there's the Facebook sign which was applied by removing the backing paper, sticking it on and then removing the protective front paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I am **** at applying stickers, I recall once trying to tint my windows on a motor back in the day… Knowing this I got a local firm to do mine (design & fit) was great watching them do it while I drank there coffee, not a single air bubble in sight /emoticons/biggrin.png

Make sure the water is nice and soapy so you can adjust the letters if they need it

Use a squeegee like the ones you get with p38 car body filler (small plastic one)

If you do get any stubborn little bubbles use a very sharp pin and just puncture the bubble then squeegee over it

The bubble will go and you will never see a hole in the vinyl as it will dissapear

I got mine from tt graffix, £80 for quite a lot of writing for a vivaro. Yes Adam I asked them the recommended application and it's all just peeling it off like your Facebook one. I'll try and get one of them squeegees Davy. Cheers

Cheers lads. Theres so many to choose from, and the prices vary so much so I've never been sure of the quality on any of them.

You can get those squeegees davys talking about from ebay pretty cheap chws.

It's more like a plastic card than anything else

Neils kit came with special spray to use but washing up liquid and water is all we used in the bodyshop

Right iv ****** up, was planning on getting the Mrs to do it but she didn't hurry up and the rain came on in the process of doing a bit of this , 2 of the air bubbles got rain behind them!! They aren't sticking down due to the rain. What will I do??

It still hasn't stuck , is there anything you can stick it down with? Would superglue do or is there a professional glue?

Latest Posts

Back