Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Guido Possum

The Ettore Contour Pro+ godamn swivel

Guido Possum

Anyone else find the Contour Pro+ swivel just pointlessly unusable?

Don't get my wrong, I love the handle; that spring suspension system means I don't have to adjust myself at all when closing on each stroke.

But the swivel is just disfinctional.

Got myself a Wagtail Slimline a few weeks ago and that swivels beautifully - because it's pivoting *at* the base of the channel I suppose, but the Contour Pro+ yeah, I just can't get on with the swivel action at all.

With the pivot-point fixed it's still awesome, and the 0° toggle's excellent worth is one-click adjust.

Duncs

dogs bollocks the wagtail swivel

great tool and easy to use

Guido Possum
Got myself a Wagtail Slimline a few weeks ago and that swivels beautifully - because it's pivoting *at* the base of the channel I suppose, but the Contour Pro+ yeah

dogs bollocks the wagtail swivel

great tool and easy to use

I have no issue with the Wagtail, well except how cheap it feels in your hand, and the fact you have to modify it just to keep the rubber from slipping around in the channel...

The swivel action is excellent though.. apart from that :)

Green Pro Clean Ltd

The Contour Pro is a beautiful tool and has served me well for years.

If you want to use it as a swivel you need to lock it to 0 degree first and then it's best at distance on an extension pole.

Dont really use it for swivelling though as it wasnt designed for it. It is superb for locking at various angles when reaching above conservatories or canopies etc. Places where the wobbling of a wagtail is not condusive to a good finish.

This is not a Contour Vs Wagtail debate. Both are superb tools when used in the right environment.

Duncs
I have no issue with the Wagtail, well except how cheap it feels in your hand, and the fact you have to modify it just to keep the rubber from slipping around in the channel...

The swivel action is excellent though.. apart from that :)

know what your saying, the wagtail is bulky only use it on shop fronts

Duncs

never used the contour pro

will have to look into it

Guido Possum

The pivot-point is too far away from the channel for any kind of practical 'free swivel' functionality but I've found it is actually useful just locked to 90 degrees; allows me to do those annoying top 'strip windows' with straight horizontal pulls, and thanks to the suspension system get it right into the end of the frame so there's no dribbles left to detail-up.

Dropped it several times now too, and other than the annoyance of having to wash the dirt off the rubber before use again, the handle's just fine ;)

Guido Possum

This is the angle actually and you can see the pivot is way too far away from the channel to use like a wagtail.

image.jpg.0f7576a56a0413a237fe383d35084956.jpg

Eric Gilliand
This is the angle actually and you can see the pivot is way too far away from the channel to use like a wagtail.

Was never designed to be used like a Wagtail. Unger Zero degree the same although it can be used that way just not easily. The early Unger Zero had its pivot point closer to the blade and could be used that way much easier. In fact Urban Legend has it that it was Willie using a broken one of these that gave him the inspiration for the Wagtail. To date (because of a patent guarded with vigour), Wagtail is the only officially produced free pivot squeegee.

Guido Possum
@Guido Possum you wouldnt use it at 30 degree and swivel. Lock it to 0 degree and it's fine.

I'll give it a go :thumbsup:

Guido Possum
...This is the earlier one with the handle under the disc.

[media]

[/media]

My Slimline has the disc on top and although I've heard people have a preference for one or the other, I find they both swivel just as well as each other.