Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My water tank fuel gauge

Clearvision

cleaning since 2015
Hello on my trailer system I brought it has a non working fuel gauge, my tank is black so I cannot see how much water I have in the tank, so it's pretty annoying not knowing how much water I have and just running out when there is nothing left half way through the job haha, does any one know where I can get this same gauge or if I can fix it ?
05ab404c5e8ffa31a4f3919e5e05da73.jpg
4b196c2b6b1f7d4aa24c39ce1c410b70.jpg
d99f54201f698955ca71e0f81b8e5b46.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I would have thought that a fuel gauge would rust. Brodex use a sight level gauge. Its has 2 elbow fittings - one at the top of the tank and one at the bottom. There is a thread on one end of the elbow and a hose barb on the other. Both barbs would be 'joined' with a length of clear plastic hose. You may even be able to find a little red ball that floats to fit inside the tube. As the level in the tank drops so does the indicator.

Heres an example

Brodex E-Compact 250 R/O Water Fed Pole System

its on the right hand side of the tank in the photo

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have thought that a fuel gauge would rust. Brodex use a sight level gauge. Its has 2 elbow fittings - one at the top of the tank and one at the bottom. There is a thread on one end of the elbow and a hose barb on the other. Both barbs would be 'joined' with a length of clear plastic hose. You may even be able to find a little red ball that floats to fit inside the tube. As the level in the tank drops so does the indicator.
Heres an example

Brodex E-Compact 250 R/O Water Fed Pole System

its on the right hand side of the tank in the photo
I cannot do that now though that my tank is closed and sealed to my trailer mate ? I was hoping to get the same as this one ?

I'm 99.9% sure it's baffled, I drover it 200 miles to get it home and it towed perfect and it was full up didn't even know it was it

A full tank of water won't be a test for baffling as there is no space for the water to slosh around in. You will know if it baffled when its half full.

My trailer system had 3 x 125 litre tanks fitted together length ways. When the tanks were half full the water used to rush from one end to the other when stopping at traffic lights. It used to rock the van backwards and forwards when stationary.

No when I break with a half empty trailer it's never ever once felt like I've been towing, from full to the brim to empty I've never thought flip flops (like what I did there green) that is sloshing around

Back