Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Clearvision

My water tank fuel gauge

Clearvision

Hello on my trailer system I brought it has a non working fuel gauge, my tank is black so I cannot see how much water I have in the tank, so it's pretty annoying not knowing how much water I have and just running out when there is nothing left half way through the job haha, does any one know where I can get this same gauge or if I can fix it ? 05ab404c5e8ffa31a4f3919e5e05da73.jpg4b196c2b6b1f7d4aa24c39ce1c410b70.jpgd99f54201f698955ca71e0f81b8e5b46.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

monkeyman

Try a plant hire firm. Nearly every dumper I'v seen has a fuel gauge the same as that.

spruce

I would have thought that a fuel gauge would rust. Brodex use a sight level gauge. Its has 2 elbow fittings - one at the top of the tank and one at the bottom. There is a thread on one end of the elbow and a hose barb on the other. Both barbs would be 'joined' with a length of clear plastic hose. You may even be able to find a little red ball that floats to fit inside the tube. As the level in the tank drops so does the indicator.

Heres an example

Brodex E-Compact 250 R/O Water Fed Pole System

its on the right hand side of the tank in the photo

Clearvision
I would have thought that a fuel gauge would rust. Brodex use a sight level gauge. Its has 2 elbow fittings - one at the top of the tank and one at the bottom. There is a thread on one end of the elbow and a hose barb on the other. Both barbs would be 'joined' with a length of clear plastic hose. You may even be able to find a little red ball that floats to fit inside the tube. As the level in the tank drops so does the indicator.

Heres an example

Brodex E-Compact 250 R/O Water Fed Pole System

its on the right hand side of the tank in the photo

I cannot do that now though that my tank is closed and sealed to my trailer mate ? I was hoping to get the same as this one ?

Andy

Looking at that opening in that tank I would say it's just an ordinary tank and not baffled

Iron Giant

So you have no idea if its baffled or not , I bet that is fun in the back of a trailer :rof::rof:

Clearvision

I'm 99.9% sure it's baffled, I drover it 200 miles to get it home and it towed perfect and it was full up didn't even know it was it

spruce
I'm 99.9% sure it's baffled, I drover it 200 miles to get it home and it towed perfect and it was full up didn't even know it was it

A full tank of water won't be a test for baffling as there is no space for the water to slosh around in. You will know if it baffled when its half full.

My trailer system had 3 x 125 litre tanks fitted together length ways. When the tanks were half full the water used to rush from one end to the other when stopping at traffic lights. It used to rock the van backwards and forwards when stationary.

Clearvision

No when I break with a half empty trailer it's never ever once felt like I've been towing, from full to the brim to empty I've never thought flip flops (like what I did there green) that is sloshing around