Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frequency of Round

OorHuddie

Hi all, great site with loads of great information. I am another 'newbie' looking to get into the business and have read posts about building a round. What frequency do you find most custys want, 4, 6, 8, 12 weekly etc. Also do you allow the custys to choose the frequency they prefer or do you guide them to fit in with your 4/6 week round?

I encourage all my domestics to opt for 4 weekly, most do as they want clean windows all the time, I also offer 8 weekly and some prefer this, I charge 50% more on 8 weekly, for example a 4 weekly at £15 would be a £22.50 on 8 weekly.

Different ball game for commercial, generally they will call the shots on how often, then its up to you to price it right to suit you and also win there business.

I've got a school to do tomo. It's done 3 times a year. Xmas Easter and summer. And I have to fit in with an uncooperative caretaker who only does 2 days in the hols. I have other stuff I should be doing. They pay for it tho!!

I've got a school to do tomo. It's done 3 times a year. Xmas Easter and summer. And I have to fit in with an uncooperative caretaker who only does 2 days in the hols. I have other stuff I should be doing. They pay for it tho!!
Nout more annoying than a jobs worth

It doesnt really matter what you choose, 2, 3, 4 5 6, 7 9 12 weekly or monhly etc

pick what you thinks going to be best for you and sell them on the idea, if looking for 8 weeklys for example you could tell them they dont really need doing 4 weekly as purified water keeps em cleaner longer if you want 4 weekly tell them 8 weekly is too long and they will get dirty, same goes for 6 or 12 etc. Just BS them basically theyll believe owt you tell em

Thanks for all the speedy responses. I was initially thinking 6 weekly as I thought 4 weekly might be too frequent for many and 8 weekly too long between cleans but it seems many of you go for 4 weekly/monthly. Makes a big difference in total number of custys required to build a round. Example: 15 a day, 5 days week = 75 week x 4 = 300 custys. 75 week x 6 weeks = 450 custys. Does that make any sense?

Hi all, great site with loads of great information. I am another 'newbie' looking to get into the business and have read posts about building a round. What frequency do you find most custys want, 4, 6, 8, 12 weekly etc. Also do you allow the custys to choose the frequency they prefer or do you guide them to fit in with your 4/6 week round?
Starting off you need repeat business as quick as possible.

The trad guys used to push for every 2 weeks.

I would suggest 4 or 8 weekly, but 8 weekly at a price premium. If you slot a 6 weekly inbetween 4 and 8 weekly jobs then you will get out of sync every second clean and will usually mean a special trip to clean. Not worth it in the long run. My advice is not to make exceptions as you screw yourself in the end.

Remember, your customer is paying you to keep their windows clean, not clean them when they are dirty.

Started doing 4 and 8 weekly, now just offer 6 weeks, found most found 4 to short so wanted 8, moving everyone to 6 made more money and didn't get the 4 weekly ones moaning how short a time it was.

Started doing 4 and 8 weekly, now just offer 6 weeks, found most found 4 to short so wanted 8, moving everyone to 6 made more money and didn't get the 4 weekly ones moaning how short a time it was.
I would imagine that windows stay cleaner longer inland than on the coast.

Thanks for all the speedy responses. I was initially thinking 6 weekly as I thought 4 weekly might be too frequent for many and 8 weekly too long between cleans but it seems many of you go for 4 weekly/monthly. Makes a big difference in total number of custys required to build a round. Example: 15 a day, 5 days week = 75 week x 4 = 300 custys. 75 week x 6 weeks = 450 custys. Does that make any sense?
Ineed it does but if you price 1.5x for 6 weekly what you would 4 weekly you will earn more per year

Latest Posts

Back