Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting a bit worried

davewindowcleaner

For the last 4-5 weeks I seem to be losing a few customers every week, those customers no longer want their windows clean, I've been cleaning their windows for many years and now all of the sudden I getting a few of them every week telling me they no longer want their windows cleaned because they cant afford pay me / or money is too tight.

I've only just got back working for the past 4 week after having my appendix taken out sitting around a home doing bugger all for a month, the last thing I need is losing more & more customers.

I don't know if it because where I work (south west London) is becoming more and more unaffordable for people with everything being really expensive at the moment.

I have check my water tds, it 000. I have checked with the customers if it something I might of done wrong, for example if they are not happy with my work.

I not really enjoying being a window cleaner lately.

Don't let it get to you I've been through spurts like this and it's horrible usually all hits at once!! Somehow it all manages to even its self out and you end up with new customers sometimes with better prices! Get out and do a bit of canvassing. Nothing like getting a new customer off your own back to being your spirits up!

Have you offered longer frequencies ?

I had a guy who was adamant he was gonna cancel as it was £15 every month, 4 years later we are still cleaning him although its £17 every other time now /emoticons/smile.png

Have you offered longer frequencies ?
I had a guy who was adamant he was gonna cancel as it was £15 every month, 4 years later we are still cleaning him although its £17 every other time now /emoticons/smile.png
No I didnt /emoticons/sad.png

Hi @davewindowcleaner, it's not a nice feeling is it when someone doesn't want your services anymore. You start to question and doubt yourself. I do anyway, sometimes it's water off a ducks back and other times it cuts.

I think it has a lot to do with the more custy's you have the greater the odds of losing some become.

Maybe money is becoming tight for some people, I've had a couple go on 8 weekly lately and I've lost some too. I've also gained some.

I know how you feel mate, but try not to let it get you down. Window cleaning is an ever revolving door, custys come and custys go.

No I didnt /emoticons/sad.png
Shame, but lesson learned. If they are 4 weekly offer 8 weekly. " i normally charge a few £ more for every other time customers, but as you're a good customer i wont" Ok so the job isn't worth as much but hey you still keep em.

My round is 5/6 weekly and i always thought it was a poop idea but tbh its a good selling tool. if i come in more expensive on some jobs i explain i am 5/6 weekly. So over the year you save money.

Don't let it get you down. You can ask Dave. I had a customer approach me and ask for the "proper way" of cleaning windows. I didn't try and even sell it. Not interested. As a one man band you can only clean X amount of windows per day/week/month/ year. There is more customers out there than i can clean.

So dust yourself off, put a good tune on the radio tomorrow and push some leaflets through and who knows you might pick up an odd new customer /emoticons/smile.png

sounds a bit odd, i would be keen to find out if theres a problem, have they been canavssed by someone else?

like you say new customers are flaky but ones youve had for a while dont tend to go that fast, probably just a coincidence youve had them go at the same time

I wouldn't worry , iv lost a couple recently I didn't think I would have but gained a few also

I cleaned a new customer windows today, got a nice email from this customer.

Hi David,

Really pleased with the job you did. (My mum is particularly pleased!) I would like you to do my windows from now on.

Can you just do a quick email when you are coming please a day in advance and I will have cash for you. Will it be £30 normally?

How often do you do them? I am thinking every 6-8 weeks?

Thanks again

I must be doing something right, i feeling much better about myself tonight .cheers guys.

Back