Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flyer upgrade ?

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
View attachment 7153 Hi all firstly can I say thanks in advance for any advice, this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me starting up. And I've had around 2 thousand of these made up and I've nearly put them through as many doors the response has been ok but I'm thinking of adjusting the attached ready for another load of flyer dropping in spring. Is my current flyer to wordy should I be using buzz words like "local" "reliable" "Spring" "affordable" and if anyone has a decent flyer please upload if you don't mind sharing I could use some inspiration. Feel free to pick my flyer apart. Cheers Jake

Dont think there's anything wrong with it (of course I haven't read it)

You say response has bee OK but what do you expect? I worked in print advertising many years back selling ad spaces in glossy mags. Even back then the stats showed that the typical response to direct marketing is just 1-2 percent.

So at the low end you would get no more than 20 enquiries per 2000 leaflets.

Now days they see a leaflet and that's just an idea. They have instant access to the contact information of every pressure washing company in your area if they want quotes.

Today I expect a typical response to a flyer drop to be around 1 percent at the most.

For windows thats good as it's monthly repeats for you it's good as per job prices are higher but you need to drop more leaflets.

Yeah by ok I mean 2 percent but as you say the jobs have been worth between £60 and £500 I am probably going to adjust and add window cleaning as I'm currently building a round.

Hi mate the leaflet seems ok to me

Few things I'd change tho

1.the word abliterated

2.add a quote box if you see a terrible drive out a quote in and post

3.add sealing and repointing to it

4.add a aftercare sheet to avoid comebacks

5.and the best thing I did was the aboard with before after pics left at bottom drive specially in affluent areas

Hi mate the leaflet seems ok to meFew things I'd change tho

1.the word abliterated

5.and the best thing I did was the aboard with before after pics left at bottom drive specially in affluent areas
How do you approach the board at the end of the drive with the customer? Do you give them a little discount or something?

No I don't actually there usually over the moon with the job and I'm a sucker for doing little extras to make the job look better

Pats back in other ways

No I don't actually there usually over the moon with the job and I'm a sucker for doing little extras to make the job look betterPats back in other ways
I think they're a great idea and I always have a look when I see one but they're normally for new windows, block paving, fencing, etc and you can just see the salesman saying "we'll give you £x amount off if you agree to be a show home" just wondered how the conversation goes?

No usually always ask if happy which they are specially if done little extra

Then I say is it ok if I leave aboard end drive for week show neighbours etc before after

Never had single issue

No usually always ask if happy which they are specially if done little extraThen I say is it ok if I leave aboard end drive for week show neighbours etc before after

Never had single issue
Sounds good, I guess the worst they can do is say no. I'd love to make a go of pressure washing as a sideline but I just can't seam to take the plunge on all of the kit, defo not this month, looking at £400-£800 on new injectors for the van:thumbsdown:

If youre relying soley on pressure washing as your income id be a bit worried.

To build that kind of business which relys on word of mouth and repeat work will take some serious doing.

To get the volume of work from leaflets alone would require massive amounts, think 5000 per week.

Where you need to focus your efforts if online, a website and adwords.

The beauty of window cleaning is it is generally repeat work where things such as pressure washing, carpets etc isnt as regular, yes the customer will proabably use you again if you impress but the frequency isnt nearly as often.

I started out originally car valeting, i sit top on google for car valeting in my area this generates 2-3 jobs per week on average, when i tried leafletting for it and pressure washing response was about 1 per thousand if i was lucky.

My personal plan is to build a window cleaning round first before going int to carpet cleaning as to crack into it in my area will take £££ on online marketting.

With every one off job you get of this nature you must take there email address and add it to a database to send them a newsletter/offers every few months, or direct mail them

Yeah you make valid points my services include window cleaning gutter cleans pressure washing and I've only started in Nov 2015 I still work 40 hour week as a quality inspector for a Parma company so I'm not relying on this income right now my dream is to build up my business then sack of the day job!

View attachment 7156

Hi mate the leaflet seems ok to meFew things I'd change tho

1.the word abliterated

thanks for the valid points I have a sign made up I put in my before and after pics I will ask in future if local jobs if I can leave sign out good idea

Back