Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote high and get the job

Rosewood

Got an enquiry from outside of my usual area the other day and was going to reject it straight away but got talking to chap and thought well it's worth a look, the address being one reason (the Manor House) so twenty minute drive last Saturday I have a walk round the property, (not as big as hoped) "I'll e mail a quote" says I and off I go.

So doing the quote I'm thinking I really don't want this job, quote calculated and I have a price of £70. I'm still thinking don't want this job so bumped price up to £100. About to press send and I'm thinking I really, really don't want this job so bumped the price up again to £150. Happy no way would he accept that I pressed send (Sunday night)

Would you believe it Monday night reply accepting quote. So doubled my price and still got it. And before someone says, no I didn't under price it, if it had been in the right place prop would have gone in at £60.

Think I'll put £50 on all quotes in future.

Back