Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much do you pay if your on a meter?

Neil

I have a friend that has just bought a house he's on a water meter and said I can put a static tank in his garage with my own water meter for e to pay my part that I use, what is a good filter system to produce pure water fast? I currently have my setup in my van with a Merlin ro which chucks out a lot of waste water[emoji85]

What prices do people pay on a meter per month and how much water you using in a month?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

It cost me around 18 pounds to produce 1000 L RO water . (2000l is waste) so a 3000L run in total . My tap tds is around 450 . I get it Down to 15 PPM and polishes the rest throug a DI Vessel in van before the hose-reel .

It cost me around 18 pounds to produce 1000 L RO water . (2000l is waste) so a 3000L run in total . My tap tds is around 450 . I get it Down to 15 PPM and polishes the rest throug a DI Vessel in van before the hose-reel .
Wow that's a lot of waste!

If you're TDs is 300 you need to run it through a ro system. If you go to your water suppliers website it will give you the cost of a cubic metre of water and the cost of the waste water add the 2 together that's your price.

@Clearvision how much water doe you make daily? A year seems a long time to not have changed the resin down from 450!! Only asking as wanted to use this method for a long time but just can't see it being the cheapest mothod!

I do around 500 litres a week but the two first vessels take out any rubbish then the third polishes it off, when the first ones resin is well used it'll still take **** out then still goes through the other two to remove the rest of the sh@t same as when the second one starts to get used it'll still have sh!t removed from the first too then polished off from the last one, it's tried and tested for me, maybe I'm just lucky haha

Well , im not drinkin it Tho ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Fun aside ! I know what you mean , and theres some algae growth when its hot and sunny . But its really not a problem , ive Got an inline particle filter and a DI Vessel and the resin have lasted a year Now (11 L.) Vessel .

But licking your mouth after some backsplash Would defo be a bad idea i Think . ( bacteriawise) :hey:

Cheers you lot will have a look on the water board website and see prices, I've got a system in my van but never had a static one on a meter [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate is not on a meter they estimate his bill so could I still use his tap and sand his bill be the same as there is no meter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back