Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

moderaters

steve garwood

ginger lion
As there are so many newbies popping up pro green has really got his work cut out being the only moderator on here.

My suggestion is we all put forward a candidate to help him.

I'll make a start, I suggest Kevin smiths /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't know how anyone finds time to moderate a forum what with running a business, family etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would do it but I'd ban anyone who doesn't agree with me lol

I'd be here all on me own

I didn't know SP had given up? He's a very good mod and has pulled me up on occasion when I have been a bit harsh (or mouthy)

In short most of my Mod duties are checking new posts and the spam filters of junk you guys don't get to see till a mod has reviewed it. Usually first posts with outside links to them that turn out to have no grasp of grammer and want to sell you 'healing' or 'bulking' powders.

Only other thing I do is the odd nudge for foul language or racist / sexist remarks or break up the odd bicker really. Some get let go a while as they're funny.

You can all make it easier by just keeping the language clean. So I will as that we stop with things like 'f*cking' and find a substitute such as 'flip flops' you get the drift, we are all smart enough to find an alternative.

As some already know I do prefer the 'quite word' method via PM as opposed to the outright 'WARNING' in public and I have even been warned by SP for my behavior whist a Mod. And even now I refer some issues up to the almighty himself for review.

We all enjoy a banter and a giggle and keeping it clean simply means I dont need to edit your posts. I was very tempted when @daveyboy made comment of being 'the forums number one poster' to edit this and simply remove the 't' from the post but I let it slide /emoticons/smile.png

One last comments is please be accurate with titles, just helps keeping information easy to find.

Cheers.

Thank you @Green Pro Clean Ltd for your kind words. I have asked to step down because I felt that I did not have the time to do the job properly. I know that Mr Green has this sorted and everyone really has the forums interests at heart. This is a great forum, but only because the members have made it so, and I thank you all for the support you have given me as your Moderator.

Currently my business is growing and my brother and I are putting another van on the road, so we are pushing for more clients. My wife and I are Foster Carers and that comes with a pile of daily paperwork, various meetings as well as the actual care that is provided

I am a Parish Councillor and have duties to perform for the parish too. Therefore my spare time is in short supply.

I realised that I was stepping back and allowing Mr Green to shoulder the Lion's share of the work here and that is not fair, so this is why I have handed back my 'badge and gun'. /emoticons/smile.png

Seriously we have a good forum here now

No arguments in ages

Which I do kind of miss but probably not fun for everyone else lol

Fun for us but not good for potential members looking in i s'pose

the aggitors have left @daveyboy lol is why there no arguments or that no names be mentioned or that we know who they are

but i agree everyone keeps a eye for stuff to help out etc and gav and gpc do a good job

If someone wants an argument, they are welcome to one. But the worst people were the ones that wanted one, and then act like the victim when they got it. Its all a much nicer place now.

Back