Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Want to start card payments?

Clearvision

cleaning since 2015
Use Sign up for iZettle and start accepting card payments today it's only 2.75% and goes down the more you use it and you get a free card reader and you get £10 free if you make a transaction in the first 30 days! Worth a try it's free to sign up and get your card reader, it's worked a treat for me so far and I've seen people asking about card payments on here, the amount of customers who haven't got the money, boom pull this out your pocket, every one has a card and it's probably be cheaper the pence it costs for transaction then fuel back later to get the money and I just add £0.65 per transaction if they use card, so give or take it never really costs me anything and the customers happy

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

What is gocardless ?Its a simple direct debit system to collect your money automatically. No messing

I don't use a business account can you use go cardless with a personal debit account?
Yes you can.

If I knew then what I know now I wouldnt have bothered with card payments as you still need to go on collections. We have been shifting everyone sucessfully to GoCardless and now when talking to new customers it isnthe only option we offer.

I've got quite a few doing bank transfers now which I find very helpful particularly for those hard to find in. A number do it via their phones within minutes of a text to let them know their windows have been cleaned.

Does the customer have to do online banking or have a computer with email address for Go Cardless or can anyone sign up with a bank account I'm getting frustrated with bad payers not responding to texts the bad payers will be offered Go Cardless and no cash payment

With izettle if you use the link above you get £10 worth of fees covered so it's 2.75% per transaction (40p on £15) or something like that what I'd charge the customer for the pleasure anyway, that's the referral fee, you get your card reader free and no monthly payments so to me it's GREAT and it takes about 2 days to get your card reader, why not!

Just registered for Go Cardless how do you sign customers up?
There are a few ways I belive. One is my sending them an email, you can also create a link on your website, and you can fill in most of their details your self and they verify by email. There are a few 'how to' videos on their site. Sorry I'm on tapatalk, not great for posting links except mobile ones.

@Poles Apart If you sign up to Izettle using my link about we both get £10 free fee's after that you'll get a link and if anyone signs up using your link you'll both get £10. The £10 is a voucher to use on fee's so you'll get the first £10 of fee's for free. When i say Fee's i mean the 2.75% as this is the only charge they give. EVERYthing else is Freeee.

Latest Posts

Back