Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting a job

C

Christian Eley

Hello all,

I have managed to get two jobs here and they are both 200-220 panels per job, one is ground mounted in a field and one is on a low chicken shed that I'm able to reach from the ground.

I was thinking in saying £1.90 per panel. Is this reasonable? Or is that making it not worth it for the customer? Bare in mind we clean 2 times a year.

So is spending £805 yearly worth it for the customer?

Thanks

Well, I don't want to price a job more than the return is worth, and like I mentioned, i have two jobs upcoming. Like Green said, £1.50 per panel isn't to bad, but is this a good price? And will they get more return?

The ground mounted job at £1.50pp is £318 X two cleans a year £636. Would they get more back in return over a year?

Feed in tariff I believe, which is the amount of money they would get paid per kilowatt per hour for the combined number of panels. My parents have solar and the were 'scared' into getting it quick before the rate went down. [emoji310]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

But without knowing their Feed In Tarrif, there are you meant to know if your giving the right quote?

I'm still unsure what to say for these jobs as they are awaiting prices. Someone give me a guideline to follow for cleaning panels please.

Multiply how long it'll take you by your hourly rate and add on any overheads.

I have a basic price list but from your experience are these prices reasonable for the customer as well as myself?

1-20 £2.50pp

21-50 £2.25pp

51-200 £1.90pp

200+

Also I want a minimum? Say if I had a customer who owned a MASSIVE field of them, how much per panel would you be charging to do something like 5k panels ground mounted?

Surely if you sub off of solar steve you you know this info ? [emoji3]

Think how much pure it would take to clean 60k panels[emoji23], there currently building that just up the road from me[emoji386][emoji10]

Steve does not let on how much he charges so I wouldn't know what to quote when I'm going for my own leads. Residential houses are okay, but for big roof mounted panel arrays and big ground mounts I'm just courious, as I don't want to over charge the customer.

The FIT varies depending on when your panels were installed so how would you know what to quote a customer if you don't know their FIT?

This is why I'm asking, how do you lot quote solar jobs.

You'll also need to calculate output, efficiency of panels, angle and latitude all have an affect. That's before shading and dirt, condition of charge controllers/inverters.

What side of the Severn are you? Just wondering if we're competing?

You'll also need to calculate output, efficiency of panels, angle and latitude all have an affect. That's before shading and dirt, condition of charge controllers/inverters.What side of the Severn are you? Just wondering if we're competing?
I'm from the east side of the Severn, Gloucestershire.

Is there a way we can pm each other to have a talk? I can't pm you on the forums /emoticons/unsure.png

I think you are massively over complicating it in your mind.

Have they ever been cleaned before?

If so how much did they pay?

Can you match or better and still come out in profit?

Now get them on a contract.

1 off clean sir will be £1.95 per panel.

Twice in one year will be £1.75 per panel

Give me a three year contract sir and I can make that £1.45 per panel per clean.

Prices are all example only. You charge whatever your happy with.

Latest Posts

Back